Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new G22 Friday night. Took it to the range Saturday morning, and the gun didn't extract. I started off with Stingers, assuming that the action would be little stiff and could use the extra kick. Round 1 fired but failed to extract, I ejected and tried again. Same result. Switched to high velocity Winchester. Same problem. Tried Stingers again, and this time, the gun fired out of battery. Blew off the end of the case, leaving most of the case lodged in the chamber.

I'm calling customer service Monday. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
It seems that quite a lot of 22 guns are very picky. It seems that the Walther 22 pistol is getting better, but I have read too many problems w/ them to even attempt to get one.

I seem to be a magnet for headaches. There can be 20 items of something on a shelf, and only 1 is a lemon. No matter which one I pick, I will always get the messed up one. I've had enough gun headaches in the past, so I won't chance it. I already have a little 22 pistol anyway, although the small Taurus semi-auto isn't much of a range gun since it is so tiny.

·
Registered
72 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShipWreck @ Sep. 17 2005,18:36)]It seems that quite a lot of 22 guns are very picky. It seems that the Walther 22 pistol is getting better, but I have read too many problems w/ them to even attempt to get one.
+1 I love my P99, but you would have to give me a rimfire Walther.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts