Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a few of you know I got a 1939 ppk a few weeks back for 300 dollars , after exactly 101 dollars in parts she’s up and running. Took her out and shot 50 GECO 7.65mm cartridges without hickup.

Now the point of the post , I ordered 3 days ago a set of new PPK grips from Walther ( was told over the phone they are the same ones being used on the new PPK that is shipping soon ) . I just got the grips and after about 10 minutes of fitting they fit better than the original 1 peice grips that came with the gun. The only mod required was to open up the slot for the cocking peice on the left grip panel another mm or two forward.

If anyone needs grips to use on a Zella Mehlis PPk the new ones coming from walther fit beautifully. I’m glad they made them compatible with the older guns.

Here’s a few pics of how they fit on the gun , I really like how well they fit where they mate up with the beaver tail.

16F406A6-2C9B-4EDC-80A3-057180BD545B.jpg

4B808348-0145-4E51-8318-3E0AD9865085.jpg

62670231-8DB5-44F6-A94F-14CF76180C91.jpg

4AFDDA5E-AFBD-44F0-B38B-30CAC7884DFD.jpg

·
Registered
82 Posts
As a few of you know I got a 1939 ppk a few weeks back for 300 dollars , after exactly 101 dollars in parts she’s up and running. Took her out and shot 50 GECO 7.65mm cartridges without hickup.

Now the point of the post , I ordered 3 days ago a set of new PPK grips from Walther ( was told over the phone they are the same ones being used on the new PPK that is shipping soon ) . I just got the grips and after about 10 minutes of fitting they fit better than the original 1 peice grips that came with the gun. The only mod required was to open up the slot for the cocking peice on the left grip panel another mm or two forward.

If anyone needs grips to use on a Zella Mehlis PPk the new ones coming from walther fit beautifully. I’m glad they made them compatible with the older guns.

Here’s a few pics of how they fit on the gun , I really like how well they fit where they mate up with the beaver tail.

View attachment 80086

View attachment 80088

View attachment 80090

View attachment 80092
Thanks for letting us know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,507 Posts
Back when we were cursed with imported PPK/s' and their required thumb rest, we got flat replacements from Earl's.

Happy to hear there is a new source. Sorry for asking, cost?
Moon

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope you are keeping the originals. Put them where you keep the box/paperwork, etc.

Definitely, I have a whole bin full of original parts off of various firearms I have, it’s prt of the downside to collecting older guns and shooting them, eventually you start to run out of space !

·
Super Moderator
7,507 Posts
Your heirs and assigns will curse you, and me as well, when they have to clean up our treasurers! :D

Moon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts