Walther Forums banner
21 - 40 of 92 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I have a PPS classic and It's a fine pistol... really nice... so many things to like about it. However, when stacked next to my P365 I get a sad face.

In my heart of hearts' I'd like to see these three products the most for christmas.

A steel frame PPQ .45 with paddle magazine release and Anti-Stress trigger configuration.

A redesigned and further slimmed PPS M3 that can compete with the Hellcat/P365 on capacity. Get rid of the trigger dingus. AS trigger configuration and paddle options.

Micro .380 in the 9-12oz range - surprise me!

My hopefully educated guess is based upon trends over thefts five years. There has been rapid development and deployment of subcompact 9mm pistols. The competition seems to ficus on being in the 3" barrel area and single or staggered stack while maintaining width of about 1" or close to it. Sig and Springfield models offer greater magazine capacity that the PPS line. My reading indicates that an extra round, two, or three is important to some buyers. So from a marketing standpoint I think Walther will move to compete in that area since it is the fastest growing segment of the handgun sector. Personally. as I wrote in another post, I am happy with my PPS M2, and I am quite comfortable with 7+1.

I do appreciate Walther as they were the cirst I think on the slim 9 market. I was surprised by the size side by side with a 365 XL, as the PPS M2 was same length!

I like the idea if the AS trigger on a smaller carry gun.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Do you think Walther might change the CCP M2 or PPS M2 to match the P365 or Hellcat?

I have a PPQ SC and love it. I'd like to have a rig for Red Dot sights for this pistol.

I'm considering purchasing the PPQ Q4 TAC M1 in Jan 2020. I want a PPQ with paddle mag drop. With the Q4 TAC I can get more functionality (red dot, higher capacity, longer-threaded barrel) and the paddle mag too.

I hoping Walther might have a 9mm SF 4" barrel with a safety ready for the new year too.

If Walther tries to grab some of the Hellokitty/365 market, it's going to require a new design of an existing platform (at least). There's no room inside the grip for a wider mag of either a PPS or a CCP.

BTW, I've handled and shot a Hellcat.....damn it. It's making me seriously consider putting the PPS into early retirement..

Help me, Germany. :)

If Walther wants to compete with the 365 and Hellcat a PPK/P would be the way to go. A poly 10 rd PPK would be a winner hands down in that market. A PPK/PS might do better what with the public's distaste for a dangling pinky. If I were in charge I would market it with a James Bond shoulder holster (you know what one I mean). "It would keel!".

A poly PPK is the worst direction they could head! And they won’t. Way too much recoil with an antiquated blow back design. They definitely have their work cut out for them.

Walther needs a small pocket .32 and .380, aganin NO PPK! And return of TPH- aluminum frame, and P365 competitor.

sox;1227540. Way too much recoil with an antiquated blow back design.[/QUOTE said:
It would have to be a total redesign that LOOKS like a PPK. I don't think a blowback would be possible. .32s just don't sell well enough in the US market. If they did all those surplus Beretta 81's for $199 would be long gone.

As a ppq sc fan boy, a 12 round mag would be nice, striker indicator, red dot slide. Objectively, love or hate em, the p365, Hellcat are grabbing a huge market.
My bro bought a hellcat and I got A CCP M2 this Christmas. I like my CCP M2 way more than the Hellcat. The CCP handles recoil way better. I also like the loaded chamber indicator on the M2.

I just don’t know how many times we can reinvent the same thing again and again.

It seems there are some significant game changers every one in a while and eventually, everyone copies once they can. Then the renditions take place. Risk can be rewarded but is usually punished hard when it fails especially in the gun community. We are not too kind to things not working. Many gun people are old sticks in the mud and don’t like new things.

The field is very crowded indeed.

Ask yourself this? Why do people buy what they buy?

- Price

- Customer Service reputation

- YouTube reviews etc...

- what the guy says behind the counter.

All these things are influencers and they all equate to value.

I hear it everyday at the shop. I want a new gun, it needs to be reliable, fun to use at the range, something I can carry (yet they rarely do), good for plinking and home defense and my budget is $400.

Years ago, I worked in a clothing store in college. The average guy thinks their waste is 2” smaller than it is. You know the guy....he shoulda be in a 38” but insists he’s a 36”. So I would give him a 38”, rip the rag out and tell him it’s a 36”. And he would say “see...these fit great. I told you I was a 36”. Worked every time and I sold a lot of pants.

When working with perspective gun owners, we need to realize it’s confusing. Lots of black guns that all are the same but yet different.

I try to assess their needs and wants....what they really are. Size them up. Talk about the joy of shooting. I don’t ask them for a budget, but i plop a PPQ, a CZ 75, an EZ, and a 365 in their hands one at a time and point out the distinguishing features.

Had a guy walk out with a Shadow 2 that way last week.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
New SF

I hope Walther produces a new Steel Frame with a 3.5 to 4" barrel, a nice high-quality (thoroughly tested and good looking) firearm that is a little thinner and more compact.

I'm waiting to see what they have for the new year before I purchase anything else.

As far as I know the only thing coming down the pipe for Walther is Cerakote. They just shipped almost 2000 units in different colors. Coyote tan being the biggest part of them. 500 camo slide ppq 9mm's. 300 PPQs and 300 PPQ SCs in blue titanium.

Attachments

As far as I know the only thing coming down the pipe for Walther is Cerakote. They just shipped almost 2000 units in different colors. Coyote tan being the biggest part of them. 500 camo slide ppq 9mm's. 300 PPQs and 300 PPQ SCs in blue titanium.
Geez...that's underwhelming. Hopefully they something new to offer other than colored versions of existing guns.

New for 2020 stuff tends to come up at Shot Show, which takes place in January. This is likely why everyone's tight-lipped about new stuff, right now (Walther included) -- because it would probably harm their Shot Show plans.

I do not think there will be new models.
At least some time will have to wait.

After Walhter abruptly crap with CCP ...
And then also CCP-2 !!! ... @#$%#%$@%#!!!!
They will have to seriously think about their behavior...

It’s a pity that it came to this.
Once Walthers really pleased with fresh ideas and nice toys... :-(

21 - 40 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.