Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm hoping they produce a 4" barrel SF. I sent Walther an email asking if they had anything new for 2020 - did not ask any specifics.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have a PPQ Navy threaded barrel that I wish to trade for a regular none threaded one, if anyone is interested, please let me know.
Thank you

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I'm hoping they produce a 4" barrel SF. I sent Walther an email asking if they had anything new for 2020 - did not ask any specifics.
That's a good guess. Walther said at 2019 SHOT the Q5 SF is the first in a new line.

I'd like to a revamped and drop safe Expert trigger make it back stateside.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, a SF with the expert trigger would be nice as well as in 45.

I wish we could get a hint of what's coming because I just test fired a VP9 SK and really liked it. If I knew that something good from Walther was on the way I might consider waiting to see what it was before spending $$$.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I have the P99 full and the P99 C as well as PPQ M2 and PPQ SC.

I love the PPQ SC, especially the internal ejector and soft recoil, but I would like to see a model with paddle mag release. Are there polygon barrels on the PPQ full and SC? There should be. Plus, add charging supports at the rear of the slide.

The P99 is an excellent pistol but needs upgrades like a new barrel. Walther could make both these pistols in SF too. Also, why do we need a hammer pistol when we have the sweet, easy to use P99 double action.

I don't have the HK VP 9 SK but it has some real nice features and is very accurate for me, even with my bad eyes.

I agree with you that the P365 and Hellcat are taking up lots of the oxygen in the room for concealable pistols.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I suspect we will see a 4" SF that is more duty oriented. I think that means no slide cuts but other scalloping efforts to keep the weight down.

Maybe we will see more PPQ variants with the RMR mounting plate. RDS seems to be getting more and more popular.

Hopefully we will see something that allows Walther to better compete with the P365s and Hellcats. I have to think those guns are sucking the air out of PPS, Shield, ..., sales.

Hopefully, a re-engineered Expert trigger makes it's way back stateside. Walther was on the right track with an adjustable competition oriented trigger for the PPQ and SF. They completely missed the boat though re the safety issue. Hopefully they adress the issue with a new version.

Or...as others have called for, an SF with the existing Expert trigger AND a manual safety.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re-engineer PPK

How about Walther modernize the PPK for 9mm, shorten the barrel, make it a great pocket / ankle CCW. I personally don't need a real high capacity for a very small and slim pistol. I like my PPQ SC and P99 AS C.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Haven't heard anything about new offerings from Walther but I have seen a HUGE increase in Walther offerings by CDNN in the past couple weeks. Since they are a good source for overstock and discontinued weapons it might indicate that some items are being cleared out.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Haven't heard anything about new offerings from Walther but I have seen a HUGE increase in Walther offerings by CDNN in the past couple weeks. Since they are a good source for overstock and discontinued weapons it might indicate that some items are being cleared out.
It's true. Good point. Discontinued or just plain not selling anymore.

Hopefully we will see lots of new stuff. Stuff of PPQ quality and not of PK380 quality.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What I see new in the catalog is, no more .40S&W guns. I also see a PPQ match slide kit is now available.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Spoke to a Walther rep at a local gun store not too long ago.

He didn't have any information about anything juicy and was generally pretty tight lipped in general. "We don't really know anything until Europe tells us" or some variation of that I recall he said.

He mentioned during our conversations about the P99 that it was "iconic" and would not be going anywhere, but couldn't say anything about the P99c.

I asked if they had anything coming down the pipe to upgrade the PPS capacity or otherwise come out with a new gun... no answer.

I asked about paddles for the steelframe ... he wiffle waffled but it didn't sound optimistic.

He did seem to think that the steel frame would be offered in other calibers soon. Mentioned 10mm.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I am just as happy as I can be with my PPS M2.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts