Discussion Starter #1
20.00 per 50 rd box. She's hungry.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Very expensive diet.
I just got 1000 RDS of Federal 9MM 147 for $190
my PPQ don't really like it, but my Glock-19 and Shadow-2 love them.

Simong.

·
Registered
156 Posts
For practice I prefer Sellier and Beloit or Fiocchi, both can be found for under $9.00 a box of 50. Both are very clean burning. For defense rounds I always come back to the old standby Federal HST LE which run about $30 for a box of 50 124gr. I would suggest the 124gr or 147gr for best expansion.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I get any of the following brands, by the case for around $175 a case (1K rds) to my door, plus or minus $10, depending on deals at the time: S&B, Fiocchi, Win Q4318, Federal AE, MEN, Geco.

HD/SD are either HST or Gold Dot.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Fiocchi & S&B especially Fiocchi is a bit to hot for MY liking.

I prefer 124-147-GR slower round for practice.

SD round is totally different animal.

Simong.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MY LEO ID helps with the cost. I shoot what I carry, Critical Duty, GoldDot HST all 124gr @ 20-22.00 per 50 Rd box. I cannot bring myself to buy 20rd boxes of ammo any longer, the price is insane. I pay twice what ball ammo cost to practice but some things are worth paying for. My cheap brother found that out the hard way when the "To expensive" to practice with Hornady American Gunner ammo failed to cycle in his Shield 9mm two months ago. For any of you with LEO ID ect:
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog.../415003573/hornady+critical+duty+9mm+124gr++p

·
Registered
322 Posts
Fiocchi & S&B especially Fiocchi is a bit to hot for MY liking.

I prefer 124-147-GR slower round for practice.

SD round is totally different animal.

Simong.

Fiocchi definitely feels hotter than most. S&B feels softer than say Speer Lawman, which is meant as a GD practice round.

Good old Blazer Brass is cheap, reliable and definitely on the soft side of felt recoil.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great, they have been taking my money left and right the way it is. I've ordered 4 of their AR 15 kits in the past 5 weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sgammo.com is where I seem to buy most of the time. Just picked up Fiocci 124 gr for $159 per 1000 a few weeks ago, it fires well from my PPQsc. It has a little more kick than S&B but I find it very close to the recoil from 124 HST that I carry on an everyday basis.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts