Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at the features and benefits of the Holosun SCS, seems like the ideal solution for a Walther red dot.

I have been involved with red dots for Walthers for years, including my milling of about 6 for direct mounting on PPQs. This addresses many things that are preferable for mounting red dots on pistols: no adapter plate, low mounting for co-witness, keeping original factory sights, no battery replacement, multiple reticle choices, etc.

The Glock MOS mount Holosun SCSs are now being received and the reviews are great.

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
55 Posts
I was thinking of buying a 508T for the FS 4.5” PDP I recently ordered, but having seen this I think I’ll wait. I wonder if Holosun will produce it for both PDP mounts?

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
55 Posts
I was thinking of buying a 508T for the FS 4.5” PDP I recently ordered, but having seen this I think I’ll wait. I wonder if Holosun will produce it for both PDP mounts?
My PDP came in and I picked it up today. I’m suitably impressed. I stripped it, cleaned it and lubed it. Now all I have to do is shoot it. ;)

The serial number is in the FDO12XX range, so it’s gen 2. I think I might just go with a regular 508T on a plate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 507c. Still in the box. Maybe I'll wait to install?
"...no adapter plate, low mounting for co-witness, keeping original factory sights, no battery replacement, multiple reticle choices, etc....
Very appealing.
Does anyone have any idea on when these will be out?

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
55 Posts
I just bought a 507c. Still in the box. Maybe I'll wait to install?
"...no adapter plate, low mounting for co-witness, keeping original factory sights, no battery replacement, multiple reticle choices, etc....
Very appealing.
Does anyone have any idea on when these will be out?
I don't think anyone knows at this point but it wouldn't surprise me if it took at least a couple of months for that model to get to the dealers.

What version is your PDP? There may be less chance of Holosun making a ver. 1 specific model.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't think anyone knows at this point but it wouldn't surprise me if it took at least a couple of months for that model to get to the dealers.

What version is your PDP? There may be less chance of Holosun making a ver. 1 specific model.
Yeah, I have a Gen 1 cut, so I'll have to wait and see how Holosun handles the two versions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My PDP came in and I picked it up today. I’m suitably impressed. I stripped it, cleaned it and lubed it. Now all I have to do is shoot it. ;)

The serial number is in the FDO12XX range, so it’s gen 2. I think I might just go with a regular 508T on a plate.
so 12xx and higher is get 2. just got mine its FDO5xxx

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
55 Posts
I noticed today that the Holosun website now includes a green dot version of the SCS direct mount optic...

It claims that the optic is now shipping but it doesn't state which pistols it is available for. I downloaded the manual but all the installation instructions state is "The SCS reflex sight attaches directly to your optics ready slide. Please verify the SCS model you have matches your optics-ready pistol slide". The manual does give model numbers for both green and red dot versions, SCS MOS-RD and SCS MOS-GR.

Features include:

1.Multi Reticle System: 2 MOA dot,32MOA circle, 32MOA
circle-dot options.
2.Parallax free, unlimited eye relief.
3.Solar power supply.
4.Built-in rechargeable battery. The built-in battery
supplements power to the system when the ambient lighting
conditions are insufficient.
5.The photosensitive sensor detects ambient lighting levels
and automatically adjusts the brightness of the reticle.
6.CNC milled Titanium Alloy Body
7.Window Size: 0.58 x 0.77 (inches)
8.Waterproof:IP67.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I noticed today that the Holosun website now includes a green dot version of the SCS direct mount optic...

It claims that the optic is now shipping but it doesn't state which pistols it is available for. I downloaded the manual but all the installation instructions state is "The SCS reflex sight attaches directly to your optics ready slide. Please verify the SCS model you have matches your optics-ready pistol slide". The manual does give model numbers for both green and red dot versions, SCS MOS-RD and SCS MOS-GR.

Features include:

1.Multi Reticle System: 2 MOA dot,32MOA circle, 32MOA
circle-dot options.
2.Parallax free, unlimited eye relief.
3.Solar power supply.
4.Built-in rechargeable battery. The built-in battery
supplements power to the system when the ambient lighting
conditions are insufficient.
5.The photosensitive sensor detects ambient lighting levels
and automatically adjusts the brightness of the reticle.
6.CNC milled Titanium Alloy Body
7.Window Size: 0.58 x 0.77 (inches)
8.Waterproof:IP67.
That is for full size Glocks.

·
Registered
🎖USMC, Retired
105 Posts
Maybe they haven't got around to updating the website with the most current models & information.

I actually saw the H&K variant on a VP9 OR earlier this year during a production demo by one of the Holosun representatives. He stated that the Glock MOS version would be the primary focus and that it would be first out the door.

It may be a while for them to "officially" announce and release one for the others (unfortunately)...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts