Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the gunshop and I heard that Walther/S&W is coming out with a newly designed PPK - PPK/S. Has anybody else heard this or is this just shop rumours ?   Thanks

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
There is one out right now. It's a ppk/s with extended beaver tail and is made in S&W's Maine plant.

Personally I think they've done a crappy job. I've seen a couple of them and one would decock itself when you pulled the trigger, instead of firing.
Not very comforting.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yes, there is also a new PPK coming out this year. It is in the 2003 catalog and it also has the extended beaver tail. However it still looks like crap when compared to a German made PPK.

·
Registered
22 Posts
They really screwed up the looks with the beaver tail. It looks like, well, an Americanized version of the PPK/S.

I am one of the lucky ones with an Interarms PPK/S stainless that is functional, even with hollow points, I am very pleased with the gun, tho a real German PPK/S is on "my list" but an HK P7M8 will have to be first.

·
Registered
382 Posts
hmmm
well, if its not too bad.........im more concerned with function, i just want one from CCW.........so spending $1300 for a german one from Earls is notlogical

·
Registered
22 Posts
I hear what you are saying. Before S&W changed the look I would say always go with Walther, USA or German but now something like the Bersa, which gets rave reviews (better than the PPK and /S American in most cases) and is arguably a PPK inspired design would be more appealing for carry if you don't want a German Walther, as well it is also less money. Do a google search on Bersa and you will see what I mean.

Then there's always a lot of NIB or slightly used examples of the Walther PPK or /S American that are worth considering too, if you have to have the W.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The new Beavertail design makes the pistol awkward (and a little ugly) looking if you ask me.

WayneD, I used to have a stainless InterArms PPK in .380, I wish I still had it (friend owns it now, he practically begged for it) that thing was (is) great. It would digest anything. As far as something instead, how about this -:

Supposed to be available this summer - 10 shot 9mm, same size as PPK

DavidS, $1300 is way too much. Try gunbroker or AuctionArms, $850 is a more reasonable price for a .380 German PPK. And don't discount the old war guns, them things work just fine (with FMJ), and .32 is a good caliber for up close and personal.

Take a look at the pictures of the old PPK I've got in the Marketplace (although its not for sale anymore). It shoots real well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Makarov is a sweet gun as well. I also had an FEG copy of the Walther PP - even a "real" PP slide would fit. It was a real nice gun too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
limeyinaz
What is it ??
I have heard very little about CZ and can find nothing on the 2075 RAMI

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
When the blued PPK is released in 7.65mm, I was thinking of purchasing one just to see if I can re-contour the grip tang to Walther spec.

The beavertail sucks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts