Walther Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Welp, we can start that definition here with Andy's collection of Korth revolvers. :cool:
Steve,

I did not come up with the term "top notch". Chandler quoted a part of my post, making it appear like I did but he obviously had not read or comprehended the whole thread but instead rushed to comment.

You have a Walther PP Super, basically the same design like a CZ 50, CZ 70 or FEG AP. I do not know but assume that you have experience with at least one of the other mentioned guns. When directly comparing those guns, the term top-notch will be apparent, especially in double action mode.

As it will be when comparing a very serviceable RIA 1911 to a Les Baer, DW, or Nowlin.

Or a Ruger GP100 to a Manurhin MR73 or Korth.

Or, as I mentioned an SP-01 to a Sphinx AT2000S.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Andy, it was a joke to reinforce the subjectiveness of “top notch”, although in the revolver realm we can point to some as clearly superior to others (e.g., Korth versus Taurus). You nailed the CZ design versus execution dichotomy, and after dropping $700-$1000 to tune a CZ it might make more sense to just buy the Sphinx to begin with.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Steve,

I did not come up with the term "top notch". Chandler quoted a part of my post, making it appear like I did but he obviously had not read or comprehended the whole thread but instead rushed to comment.

No rush at all. I assume you meant exactly what you stated and I did use your complete statement. The problem is there are those who feel and have stated in numerous threads over my 6 years on the Forum that the CZ is a great pistol and they point to a number of physical characteristics as proof. Perhaps they exaggerate or rationalizing their purchase.....that I do not know. However, descriptions like "top notch" leave a universe for interpretation. The key characteristic for most is reliability. For others it might be something related to the trigger. Others refer to ease of maintenance. There are certainly other characteristics that come into play but "top notch" fails to define what those are and how to measure them.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts