Walther Forums banner

New Creed- First Impressions and Range Report

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  gkuhlen 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up my new Creed at the FFL Saturday morning. When I first looked at it I was pleasantly surprised! A lot of people have commented on line that is was big and homely. I think that has been over stated. It is a nice looking pistol as far as poly framed pistols go. It has a high quality look and feel when you see and handle one in person. Grip is nice and felt good in my hand.

I took it home, field stripped it and cleaned all the factory oil out of it with CLP and brake cleaner. Oiled it up, re-assembled and dry fired.
Trigger had a smooth take up, hits the "wall", then a little bit of creep followed by a crisp break. Not too shabby but the “creep” portion was pretty gritty. I polished the drop safety plunger with Flitz metal polish and then used a little Tetra grease on it and that solved the issue nicely.

I took the pistol to the range and shot 125 rounds of practice ammo and 50 rounds of Federal 147 gr HST standard pressure LE rounds without a malfunction. Shooting off the bench with sandbags the best I could manage was 4” groups at 15 yards. It shot about 2-3” high. Off-hand I shot low and left (of course!)

I think the pistol is more accurate that I can shoot it right now. The trigger is nice but a lot different than my striker fired pistols. I have two Glocks with 3.5# connectors, polished internals and Apex flat triggers. I have a XDM 45 with a nice Powder River Precision trigger. My Ruger LCP II and LCS9 Pro have great triggers as well. I just need to practice with the Walther and get used to it.

All in all I am very pleased! I bought a good quality, well made, reliable pistol made by Walther for well under $300 including shipping and FFL transfer fee. Crazy good deal!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Nice! Cool review, and thanks for the report.

One point tho, the Creed isn't a striker fire. It's a hammer gun. ;)

I picked up my new Creed at the FFL Saturday morning. When I first looked at it I was pleasantly surprised! A lot of people have commented on line that is was big and homely. I think that has been over stated. It is a nice looking pistol as far as poly framed striker fired pistols go. It has a high quality look and feel when you see and handle one in person. Grip is nice and felt good in my hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.