Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it although as we're not a major Colt dealer it may be a while. Good video, it made me glad I'm not sitting on one I paid $3500 for.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
I saw 2 videos on the new Colt Python. Looks promising. A little steep at $1500
Compared to what the old ones are selling for I don't think $1500 is too bad of a price. I'd like to get one of these.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I have Colt Pythons since buying a pre-owned one in 1985 and have followed the guns and their market since then. When Colt was taken over by UAW and the staff fired, the quality nosedived. It rebounded after a few years but Pythons from the 1980s on are by far not as desirable as the earlier ones. The last Python made were anything but spectacular and their trigger characteristics and practical accuracy inferior to a well tuned S&W revolver.

I am taking my hobby to serious to waste $1,500 on a mediocre gun, when a little bit more gets me the better gun.

Made in 1972 and more stunning when handled than looked at, yet still not a Korth:):

·
Super Moderator
2,209 Posts
I definitely want to check one out. It's a definite maybe purchase for me in 2020.
I should add I'm more interested in shooting than collecting.

I have some guns that have gotten too valuable to shoot but that was sort of by lucky accidents.

In general, I shoot my guns and buy guns to shoot.

If the new Python's trigger is to my liking, it's accurate and durable, I'll purchase one when the opportunity presents. I feel no need to go first though.

I expect it will look pretty good. Not 1970s Royal Blue good, but pretty good.

If I were more of a collector, I'd probably be looking at this differently.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts

I have some guns that have gotten too valuable to shoot but that was sort of by lucky accidents. .[/QUOTE

I'm more interested in collecting than shooting and while I have some guns that are quite rare and valuable (including lucky accidents) I shoot them all.

·
Super Moderator
2,209 Posts

I have some guns that have gotten too valuable to shoot but that was sort of by lucky accidents. .[/QUOTE

I'm more interested in collecting than shooting and while I have some guns that are quite rare and valuable (including lucky accidents) I shoot them all.
I'll admit to being pretty conservative in that area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts