Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I've just "discovered" the PP and PPK pistols. I'm a dealer but mostly deal custom 1911 pistols from Wilson Combat and Nighthawk.

I just picked up a PP and a PPK, both Zella-Mehlis.
And have a Manurhin PP on the way.

---

So here is the story: My mother was born in Germany in 1940. Her mom remarried after the war, around 1955. The Step-Dad was a detective with the police. My Dad was stationed in Germany in the early 1960's when he married Mom, she emigrated to the USA in 1963. After about 1990, Mom traveled back to Germany a few times a year to visit family.

Grandmother died in 2008 and my Mom and Dad went to Germany. The Step Dad was about 85 years old now and confined to a wheelchair - he was distraught at life so my Dad took the Step-Dad's PPK and removed the ammunition. A few months later the Step-Dad died of natural causes. Later Mom asked me if I wanted the pistol ... I told her no, it would be too much red tape to get it to the USA.

Mom turned it in at local German police station, carried it there in a paper sack. They weren't too concerned about it, said they knew about the pistol and that he was a retired Cop he was allowed to keep it.

Last month my Dad told me the story, and that the PPK was "a nice little gun". So now I have the Walther Bug!

Hope to learn more here, I've already read a lot!

John

JW Specialty Consulting / IllinoisGunShop.com

·
Registered
629 Posts
Welcome. If you have the time, you can start from the beginnig of the PP archives. There are some real gems contained therein fron over the years.

Reactions: pilkguns

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
It would not only have been a lot of red tape, the Walther PPk is not importable since 1968 because it does not make enough points according to ATF F 5330-5. That was also the reason Walther came up with the PPk/S that had the PP frame to comply with the size requirements of the 1968 GCA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts