Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I've been reading the forum for about the last week while I contemplated a new handgun purchase. Thursday, I made the final decision and added a second gun to my collection -- a PPS!

I appreciate all those that have contributed especially to the PPS forum. I knew what to look for before I selected my particular gun.

My gun has a BC date code (2012) and the test fire was in July 2012. I shouldn't have any of the spring issues that were prevalent prior to mid-2011.

Looking forward to getting familiar with my trigger pull weight and mastering it!

Lisa

Walther PPS 9mm
Glock 19 gen 4 9x19

·
Registered
116 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum. You picked a nice little pistol there. I have had mine for years now with nothing bad to say. I was born and raised in Southern Louisiana, living in Northern California now. Now just dump that Glock and you will be fine.:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First off, welcome to the forum. You picked a nice little pistol there. I have had mine for years now with nothing bad to say. I was born and raised in Southern Louisiana, living in Northern California now. Now just dump that Glock and you will be fine.:D
The Glock wasn't my first choice - I wanted a smaller gun. I shot the Glock 26 and the PPS and I really liked how the PPS felt. The single stack really sealed the deal since it made the grip thinner to help minimize printing for concealed carry. I only ran about 75 through it Thursday and will probably go to the range Sunday to run a few hundred to help break it in.

I was born and raised in Houma - stayed there for 35 years until I moved to Thibodaux for the following 15 years. I just moved to Baton Rouge in February where I'll probably stay for the rest of my days. With children and grandchildren still in Houma, i'm back and forth all the time.

The farthest north in California I've vacationed is San Francisco/Napa Valley. We've made a few trips that way. Most of my recent California trips however have been focused in Twentynine Palms where my son has been stationed for the last three years. He'll be heading to MCRD San Diego as a DI for the next three years beginning in March.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Many moons ago I spent a rather memorable, not to mention hot and humid, summer at "beautiful" Fort Polk. It sounds so much better now as a memory than it did at the time. But then I was getting yelled at...alot at the time. :D

R

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Many moons ago I spent a rather memorable, not to mention hot and humid, summer at "beautiful" Fort Polk. It sounds so much better now as a memory than it did at the time. But then I was getting yelled at...alot at the time. :D

R
And all I can do is grin when you say "But then I was getting yelled at...alot at the time" because my son recently found out that he'll be a DI at MCRD San Diego beginning in March. My son is an awesome Marine -- but DI really isn't his personality!

Fort Polk isn't far enough south to give you the true Cajun hospitality essence! Being from south Louisiana isn't about location -- it is totally about eating, breathing, living all the good things in life!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!! I went to the range today and put another 100 rounds through my gun. I might go back tomorrow and do the same. I'll do some dry fire exercises tomorrow as well to get my gun (and my muscle memory) broken in!

I'm LOVING my new gun!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome to the forum NeNa....enjoy that PPS.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I was born and raised in Houma - stayed there for 35 years until I moved to Thibodaux for the following 15 years. I just moved to Baton Rouge in February where I'll probably stay for the rest of my days. With children and grandchildren still in Houma, i'm back and forth all the time.

Hey, welcome aboard. I grew up in Houma (graduated from Vandebilt High School) and lived there until I was 23. Graduated college in Thibodaux (Nicholls State University - drove back and forth every day). Moved here to TX in 1996, a year after I graduated college.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Incredible,...a woman that even practices dryfiring. Now that is rare indeed. Many men don't even get that serious about there marksmanship. Welcome to the forum, Lisa.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts