Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Walther CCP m2 9mm and shot it for the first time yesterday. I don't have any experience shooting a pistol and had a friend who is a gun expert come down to help.

I didn't have any missfires and I was surprised at how well I shot, having never done this before. I used federal 124 grain, Aguila 115 and Winchester hollowpoint 115. The 115 Aguila had more recoil than the 124 which took me by surprise and I only missed hitting the target once because the recoil startled me but he said my groupings with it were very tight and accurate despite that.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience, the surprise I had with it being so accurate. It feels good and substantial. it looks good and it performed well.
I chose Walther because it's German like my parents are lol.

I did watch tons of YouTube videos and read literature beforehand regarding grip, stance, using the sights etc and that really helped.
I can't wait to go out and shoot him again!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just got my Walther CCP m2 9mm and shot it for the first time yesterday.
I can't wait to go out and shoot him again!
:eek: ....LOL..just bustin your chops....

Congrates on the new gun. I have the M1 version and I am happy with it's accuracy and performance as well.
It really fits the hand well, IMO.

Reactions: -Su

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice to hear you had a good "first time out" with your new hardware...I bought the CCP M2 because it had a very nice and ergonomic "fit/feel" in the hand.

I expect you will notice (if not already) the slide becomes quite warm after the fourth or fifth magazine fired....just the nature of the design.

And speaking of design, the gas piston "cakes" up with burned powder residue and the gun should be cleaned following each visit to the range to ensure continued reliable operation.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, yes, I should've reworded that lol! Yes indeed, uhh, shoot "it" again :LOL:

Yes, it got a little bit warm!
I read almost every single post here about cleaning it. I sure don't want to mess anything up and keep it in good shape. It was quite dirty afterwards. I won't oil that gas port or the piston thing per people's suggestions here. I bet that would make quite a sticky, tarry mess.
So far, so good! I'm glad this forum is here. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
I've got several hundred rounds (sans cleaning) in my CCP M2 and no issues (yet..), it's a great little shooter, wish there was an extended mag for it though lol

OP, you need to get your hands around a PPQsc, if you think the CCP is good, the PPQc is so much more...it's like a Porsche to a Dodge Omni..... ;)

Reactions: -Su

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got several hundred rounds (sans cleaning) in my CCP M2 and no issues (yet..), it's a great little shooter, wish there was an extended mag for it though lol

OP, you need to get your hands around a PPQsc, if you think the CCP is good, the PPQc is so much more...it's like a Porsche to a Dodge Omni..... ;)
I'm glad to hear that yours is fine. To be honest, after reading up, I was expecting mine to fail a bit. Im happy that it didn't. I read up on not "limp wristing" and to let the slide snap back with a purpose, gosh I don't even know what I'm talking about really lol. I keep getting asked "did you clean your gun?" I suppose I'm a little overworried about cleaning it, it takes me about an hour and i probably don't have to after 4 magazines full?

I read up on that fancy PPQ. I'd better pay attention and acknowledge my limitations and learn to walk before i start running. But I am looking at it 🧐

I see that ccp has a long trigger pull. After shooting mine, my friend had me shoot a 1911 and it was startling that I only had to pull the trigger half way and it went bang. When I practice dry firing my ccp, the trigger feels sticky and hesitant but I didn't notice that when I was shooting it and I've read that it'll smooth out with use. I don't know but I rather like the long trigger pull, I don't feel like it'll go off in my purse or something lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
I keep getting asked "did you clean your gun?" I suppose I'm a little overworried about cleaning it, it takes me about an hour and i probably don't have to after 4 magazines full?
The guy I bought my CCP from had run one box (50 rounds) through the gun and not cleaned it. The first thing I did when I got it home was break it down and inspect....the gas piston was quite caked with powder residue....that’s why I clean it after each trip to the range....just to ensure that if I need it, there’s less concern of jamming, failure to feed or eject...one may not "have to" clean after each use but in my manner of reasoning, what harm comes from cleaning it after each trip to the range?

JJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts