Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Premium Member
I just saw it in my email too. It looks as if Walther is finally getting more aggressive in going after market share. I did not view thee video yet, it will later this morning. I think Walther has targeted S&W/M&P with this offering. I hope this is a good sign that Walther is moving away from what I saw as complacency in the US market. I am anxious to see the first reviews since the arthritis in my hands is a potential limiter terms of 9mm in the future.

Reactions: Redcat94

Premium Member
I just saw it in my email too. It looks as if Walther is finally getting more aggressive in going after market share. I did not view thee video yet, it will later this morning. I think Walther has targeted S&W/M&P with this offering. I hope this is a good sign that Walther is moving away from what I saw as complacency in the US market. I am anxious to see the first reviews since the arthritis in my hands is a potential limiter terms of 9mm in the future.
Yep. This gun seems squarely aimed at the EZShield.

In fairness to Walther, they arguably saw the niche early with the PK380.

The EZShield is a newer and more compelling gun though and now Walther has responded.

Premium Member
Did you like the comment about the smooth trigger? Maybe it鈥檚 one of their New Year鈥檚 resolutions...a decent trigger for the CCP!

I think I have a better chance of losing weight and getting in the best shape of my life this year...But maybe they鈥檒l surprise.

Reactions: Jimmo952

Premium Member
I was very curious bout the new Walther CCP 380 because two years ago I had to go to 380 because the arthritis in my left hand made it excrutiating to rack my 9mm M&P. I started hand therapy and a year later things improved a great deal. During that process I carried a RM380 because it was easy to rack. The EZ380 were scarce then and expensive since they were new on the market. I now carry a PPS M2.

After reading the CCP announcement I watched the YT reviews of the CCP M2 in 9mm and the reviews of the 380 EZ, which has been reviewed positively for the most part as has the CCP M2 in 9mm. Since the CCP M2 and new 380 are basically the same gun I am convinced that the 380 will get excellent reviews. I also think the Walther will compete very strongly with the EZ because its recoil system seems to be very effective. It also appears to me that the CCP trigger is better than that of the EZ. I am really curious to see reviews of the new Walther and the eventual comparisons with the EZ.

I selected the PPS M2 over the CCP because I really preferred the trigger of the PPS M2 and it was a bit smaller so it works better for me because of my body size. But if I ever have to go back to 380 I will most likely be doing it via the new Walther offering. I am hoping that it does well and contributes to the recognition that Walther can and is going to compete for the S market.

Registered
I would like to see Walther going after more market share. Ruger just showed a .22 10 round LCP, coulda been a 鈥淭PH鈥 Ruger is also supposedly coming out with micro .32 and looks like they filed trademark as 鈥淪R 32鈥

Registered
I noticed the video advert for the CCP M2 .380 claimed "smooth" trigger pull. My CCP M2 9mm had a gritty pull up to the trigger break. The tech I spoke to at Ft. Smith told me this "grittiness" was designed-in because, as a self-defense weapon, the shooter needed to be aware of the trigger action before it reached the break. How does this forum CCP community feel about THAT explanation? And now the .380 sports a smooth action?

Premium Member
I noticed the video advert for the CCP M2 .380 claimed "smooth" trigger pull. My CCP M2 9mm had a gritty pull up to the trigger break. The tech I spoke to at Ft. Smith told me this "grittiness" was designed-in because, as a self-defense weapon, the shooter needed to be aware of the trigger action before it reached the break. How does this forum CCP community feel about THAT explanation? And now the .380 sports a smooth action?
That is a horrible explanation and I don't believe it for a second.

I can understand a longer DA type trigger for self defense. As long as the pull is clean and predictable it's fine.

A gritty and unpredictability stagey trigger is a detriment to practical accuracy and helps no one. The explanation given is just making an excuse for a rough gun.

Some CCP triggers seem better than others. Maybe even much better.

Let's hope Walther/Umarex has refined the gun or manufacturing process a bit and all the new CCP380 triggers are in the decent category.

Registered
Starting around 2:10 in this video on the CCP 380: Reviewer fires 8 rounds, slide not locked back, striker not set, says "the gun is now empty". :eek:

Registered
I had the same concern on the CCP M2 380 purchased a couple of months ago. The trigger was rough/gritty. I tried different oils. Then I tried dabbing with a electronics screw driver on all friction areas of accessible (after normal disassembly) moving trigger parts with White Molybdenum Grease ($5 per 8oz Lucas Oil tube). Smoothed it out nearly completely. Parts are listed as: connector, sear and several places on the trigger bar. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts