Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got one of the gunBuyer 5" PPQs with a fiber optic front site. Would like to black out the rear site, is it better to trade out the rear site for another one, or to use a sharpie marker and black out the site that's on there?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,814 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
You may want to look at the Dawson rear sights. Solid black / serrated.

I was thinking of doing something similar on my 5" M1.

However, I just looked at the Dawson website and am now somewhat confused. I had thought that the PPQ M1 and M2 used the exact same sights. On Dawson's website, there are slightly different heights for the front sight (.195 for M2 vs .180 for M1). Also, some of the notch widths that are offered are different.

You could probably give them a call to get a better answer. Please report back here if you do that. :)

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
230 Posts
I bought some black hobby paint and blacked out the rear white dots. I have found black sharpies tend to provide a black glare as opposed to a dull black to the sight. What I may do is have me gunsmith widen the rear sight to improve faster front sight acquisition.

Take Care

Bob

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip on the LPA sites. Those look nice!

Dawson looks good too, but that is confusing... did I hear these special 5" M1s were using slides produced originally for the M2? This is my first PPQ, so I don't have others to compare to.

·
Premium Member
13,814 Posts
Yep...the 5" slides were introduced on the M2 model. However, about 5 minutes after the M2 5" was released, many PPQ M1 (paddle lovers) started putting 5" slides on M1 frames.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep...the 5" slides were introduced on the M2 model. However, about 5 minutes after the M2 5" was released, many PPQ M1 (paddle lovers) started putting 5" slides on M1 frames.
So these slides would require a PPQ M2 site set, correct?

·
Premium Member
13,814 Posts
^^^^Its your gun, do what ever you want. Seriously, using something that's easy to remove is a great idea. If you're happy with blacked out sights, then you might want to consider a more permanent solution, such as a blacked out LPA sight for the Q4/5 or many other options/manufactures for standard/regular ole Q's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts