Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Walther Arms 5" barrel with stabilizer and 2 wrenches for $135.
Installation and fit were fine and easy.
Got it to have shooting competitions with my buddy who just got a new Walther PPQ M-2 in 22lr, also with a 5 " barrel. It will be interesting to see how the two pistols do against each other. I assume that my Walther P22 Q
being smaller and lighter will not shoot as well as his. We swap guns every 50 rounds to try and keep it legit.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
It is considerably more accurate than the 3.4" barrel. You get a longer sight radius and more weight. When I tested my old 5" in a Ransom type rest it was more accurate with the stabilizer added to the barrel. I have no idea why. At 25 meters some groups of five were as good as 5/8". My Ruger MK III bull barrel was good for 3/8" groups. Either is far more accurate than you two will likely be. The 3.4" barrel in the same rig was in the 3" to 4" group size. Flyers are usually the good group killers.

I have small hands and with the additional weight I find myself wanting a little more grip diameter and stickiness. On the other hand the PPQs and P99s are just a bit too big for my hands.

I've done threads on dropping the trigger pull on the P22 to 2+ lbs and if you remove the hammer strut you lose DA but the trigger resets in 1/8". Over travel and pre travel stops and you have a trigger that moves no more than 3/16". The new QD model has the same trigger pull as any stock P22 but the primary hook has been lowered considerably which eliminates creep.

Have a close look at the barrels when you get a chance....I wouldn't doubt both pistols use the same one. Keep us posted. 1917

Pre and over travel stops courtesy of JB Weld, which is removable. DA strut removed.. 2.25 lb trigger, no creep.

If you like to practice by dry firing, above is a 1/4" piece of fuel line cut about 1/4" long and then sliced in half. Compress it a bit so it fits like above and dry fire away. It won't fall out or get beat up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts