Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was so ticked off yesterday at the range i finished 200 rounds of my factory ammo and it went by so fast I wanted to continue shooting my p99 i bought the only 9mm ammo the range had which was reloads.

After 3 clips i pull the trigger on the second to last bullet and it doesn't go off. I pull again and still doesn't go off. I look at the pistol and it is locked 1/4 inch from the chambered position and i cannot pull the slide back. I couldn't close it all the way also.

I get the range master to come out and tell him his reloads screwed up my pistol, when he forces the slide open with extra muscle (i didn't want to do that as I didn't know what happened to my gun and don't want it to blow up in my face)

He extracts a bullet that had a flat dent in it. I was so upset they even sell me these junk bullets. Sure the p99 can shoot anything but the problem is it can damage your gun when they put crappy shell reloads in the pistol.

I'm never ever using reloads again!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I had a similar experience years ago...well a bit different. I was using a friends reloads when my pistol blew up...he somehow managed to double-charge one of the rounds...scared the dickens out of me. And ruined a nice
.45 SAA.

I started reloading my own after that event. I don't shoot anyone else's reloads and even though I trust mine, I don't give them to anyone else.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I am meticulous about reloading and as a result, produce less rounds per hr. on average than a typical reloader using the same equipment. No distractions, no music, no TV as I don't multitask very well. Even though I have an auto indexing progressive press and it slows me down as a result, I visually check the powder level of every case before going to the seating stage. And I would never shoot anyone else's reloads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts