Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I saw someone else with this problem, but I couldn't come up with a search string that helped me find it...

I recently bought 2 pre-ban hi caps for my P99 9mm. One of them will not take 16 rounds, and the 15th is very difficult to load. Is this something I can fix myself, or do I need to go back to S&W for help?

I figure 14 or 15 still puts me ahead of the 10 rounds my other mags hold, but I'd still like to get it fixed if possible...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It they have the "16" witness hole, they should hold 16. You may have to break them in by loading them with 14 or 15 and letting them sit for a week. That should loosen them up to where you can put in the remaining rounds.

If they only have the "15" witness hole, they may only hold 15. They are the so-called "Turkish" mags. There was a difference in the spring, but I don't know if the follower is different.

Interestingly enough, have you noticed that Walther Germany now indicates that the standard magazine capacity for the P99 is "15" not "16" as originally designed.

Regards,
James

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, they do have the witness hole labeled '16'...

I'll try loading it up and letting it sit for a while.

Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts