Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to explain the trigger options on the current P99 to someone and quickly realized I was in no position to do so. According to Walther's website and some others, they do offer a P99 DAO. But I see this represented in various places as a "DAO" "DAO QA" and just as the "QA."

Can one obtain a new P99 DAO in the U.S. at this time and if so, which one is it?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Umm lets see

the QA has a constant trigger pull. Like in a DAO gun the triggerpull is the same each time,,however it is shorter than in the DAO due to a precocked striker ... so it would make it a Glock like trigger

The DAO is not imported by S&W and from what I heard CDNN no longer has them.. they sold too fast as cheap as they were...so the only Option is to go on the web and look like on gunbroker or similar page and look for P99DAO wich is the new version or  a P990 which is also a DAO
or you can call    Earl   and see if he still has some DAO or P990..however they are more expensive

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. So it is simply a P99 DAO, with no other designation. I try to never call Earl. Been there, done that, it wasn't good.

·
Registered
189 Posts
While not quite a full German P99 (or P990 in this case), Smith & Wesson's version of the P99 has gone to the SW990L (and dropped the SW99 in the process) and that is a DAO pistol.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Here's the trigger styles "cheat sheet" I use:

P99AS - Anti-Stress
Traditional double action and single action modes, and the added feature of the anti-stress trigger position which is engaged after reloading. This is the "original" trigger mode on pre-2004 models.

P99DAO - Double Action Only
The striker is at rest with no preload for a long smooth trigger pull. The pull is consistent in length and force from the first shot to the last. Similar to a revolver.

P99QA - Quick Action
Partially preloaded striker provides a uniform short light trigger pull. This variation is a favorite among many sportsmen and police tactical units. Most "Glock-like" of them.

“The Quick Action (QA) Trigger of the P99QA differs from the standard P99 by offering a constant trigger pull for every round fired. If you pull the slide rearward and release, with a loaded magazine in the well, the gun will be loaded and ready to fire. Once loaded, pulling the trigger will move the striker to the rear and allow discharge. Depressing the take down button will decock the gun and render it unable to shoot. With the striker decocked, the gun will not fire. If the slide is slightly moved rearward on a decocked gun it will go into a ready to fire mode.”

1 - 5 of 5 Posts