Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this year I have had to switch to progressive bifocals and I am having difficulty adjusting to these things. I have small lenses so that may be part of the problem but I find it awkward having to crane my neck back so I can pick up the front sight...I can do it ok but it cuts down on my reaction time...I started using the Big dot on my front sight so this helps but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Someone told me about progressives with the bifocal at the top of the lens so I can keep my head down rather than tilted back. May be a bigger pair of glasses with a larger lens.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ahh.........have the same Glasses........and suffer from the same problems.

I haven't found a magic fix using this type of lens. It is true, the smaller the lens the less progression space you have to cram in the prescription. So the result is a smaller area where things appear clear at a certain distance.

The 24/7 Big Dot is a good solution for quick Combat shooting.

The problem that you are describing is what lead me down the path to installing a "GOOD" laser on my Walther. Pressure switch located under the Hogue Slip-on Rubber grip.
NOW no more problems putting rounds on a distant target and seeing everything clearly.

In my pass posts......I mentioned there were times and places where lasers can help a shooter.........this is one of them.

Adding to the problem...... you will find........is placing another protective pair of shooting glasses over your prescription glasses.........now you have an "optical mess".
Don't do what I did and think I could get away without covering the prescription glasses [ after all ,they were made of high impact resistent Polycarbonate ] Because it was not long that a single ejected "hot" casing flew back and hit my glasses........putting a nice scratch in the center of the $90 lens!

JF.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I solved the vision issue by visiting my optometrist and explaining my predicament. The doctor had me bring in my target guns in and he took measurements of distances from the cornea to the front/rear sights and other parameters. After the eye exam, he made me several pair of shooting glasses in various tints. While they are good only for shooting, they made a big difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts