Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, today I saw a German made, InterArms imported, Post War eagle over N, matching serial nos., well worn bluing, .22lr Walther PPK/S with beat up non-Walther grips and an atrocious looking, large, glued to the mag, finger rest. Mechanically, the gun looked good, and the dealer said that if it didn't function properly they'd refund my money. They had the gun for $279 and lowered the price to $250 when it was apparant that I might be interested. If I bought it, I'd have to get mags, grips, and reblue the slide. Opinions - is it worth $250?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I love my german ppk/s in .22. very reliable and a pleasure to shoot. I see them on the auction sites in the 450 to 550 range in usually excellent condition. It would probably cost you about 2-300 to refinish, replace grips, and get new mag (mags for a .22 are very expensive). On the other hand, you get to try it out first. Would be tempted to shop around, unless it worked well and you didn't care about the condition and just wanted to shoot it.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I think it might be worth it. You might see if they'll come down further, but I'd probably get it. It's hard to beat a PP series pistol in .22!

·
Registered
81 Posts
It might do a cheap and nice plinker. I would just replace the grips, grind the finger rest (if it is not one of these "target" factory rest) and clean the glue with a solvent. Cold blue the mag plate if necessary. One hour job max. Refinish may be done later, if the gun works well and if you really want to invest more.

Bye

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Folks, I appreciate all the opinions given. I've decided to pass on the gun, mainly due to already having a PPK32 and a TPH22. If anyone might be interested in the PPK22, it's at the Cabelas just north of Fort Worth near Texas Motor Speedway, at the intersection of I35W and I170. Thanks again.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I stopped by Cabelas today and noticed that the Walther PPK 22LR that I initially wrote about was gone. Did anyone on the forum follow my lead and go buy it? If so, how is it?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Those don't last too long. A PPK in .22 is highly desireable! When you see them you need to grab them right away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts