Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me more info on the Walther PP(K?) in 9mm. I've heard of them and I am interested in them but have never seen one except on GB for about $6,000.00 due to the gold inlay and other bling. Any info provided would be greatly appreciated.

trigger

·
Registered
729 Posts
Trigger, I'm not sure if I understand your question. Or, if I do, I think maybe you're mistaking the 9mm Luger/Parabellum for the 9mm kurz.

Other than a couple prototypes, the Walther PP/PPK series was never made in 9mm Luger/Parabellum. This is the cartridge most commonly referred to as simply the 9mm.

The cartridge we call the .380 acp (Automatic Colt Pistol) in the US is called the 9mm kurz in Europe. Kurz translates generally to "short."

The 9mm kurz and .380 acp are the same cartridge.

I checked GunBroker and there is a gold plated and engraved PPK for $10,000 on there right now and that is a .380/9mm kurz gun.

I hope this helps....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am quite familiar with the 9mm vs. the .380/9mmkz. I know I remember seeing a PPK type pistol, made by Walther, in 9mm. I could be thinking of the P5 but I think it was before the P5 was around. I could be just spinning my wheels here.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Used. Though there was a thread here recently about the possibility of a run of PPs new from walther. Speculation was that they were making a little run to get rid of and make money off of spare parts.

The thread is here.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Trigger, is this Walther MP what you're wondering about perhaps?

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
I am quite familiar with the 9mm vs. the .380/9mmkz. I know I remember seeing a PPK type pistol, made by Walther, in 9mm. I could be thinking of the P5 but I think it was before the P5 was around. I could be just spinning my wheels here.
The PP series (PP, PPK, PPK/s) are all straight blowback and can't handle the "full" 9X19mm round. The 9mmK (.380) is the only 9mm series cartridge they were chambered in. The other choices were .32 and .22LR. There was a 1930's 9X19mm prototype that looks like a big PP but it's not safe to shoot...if you have one you should sell it to me immediately... :D

Milspec

1 - 8 of 8 Posts