Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on this forum so forgive me if I’m doing it wrong. I am not even close to a walther expert. I’m an NRA Certified instructor, Certified Glock and M&P armorer, and I’ve worked with guns for nearly 10 years, but when you start talking about old German pistols you might as well be speaking Spanish to me. I stumbled across a deal on an old PP the other day, and I want to see how good of a deal I got. Can anyone tell me anything about this pistol? From what I’ve got from my own research, I think it’s a post-war (1952) German Police gun with the agency marker stamped out by the serial number...? Or am I completely off? What is a gun like this in 90-95% condition worth? Thanks in advance for any help or input you may have.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks like it's a PPK/S,my guess is 600 to 700 buks.
Some of us spend a lot more on ammunition,beside my personnel opinion is,that money is fiat....

·
Registered
497 Posts
....I stumbled across a deal on an old PP the other day, and I want to see how good of a deal I got. Can anyone tell me anything about this pistol? From what I’ve got from my own research, I think it’s a post-war (1952) German Police gun with the agency marker stamped out by the serial number...? Or am I completely off? What is a gun like this in 90-95% condition worth? Thanks in advance for any help or input you may have.
You do indeed have a retired German police PP. Made in 1963 based on the proof date.

Unfortunately, I can't make out the state stamp next to the serial under the X strikes, partly since the forum does not allow high enough resolution photo attachments.

As for value, if I were looking, I'd be interested maybe up to 500. But it might bring more.

PS: After some more staring at it, and looking at other samples, I think it's Hamburg.

·
Super Moderator
7,359 Posts
The police turn-ins were once abundant, but the supply has ended.
In today's market, assuming all is well mechanically, the $500 number isn't unreasonable.
Is there anything with it? Box? Extra magazine?

Moon

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
It's an ex-German police PP made c. 1963, and has been nicely reblued, the grips showing moderate use. There's an importer's mark alongside the right grip that I can't read. Overall it looks in average condition for these pistols. If everything checks out functionally and there is no damage or home-gunsmithing surprises inside, it's in the $350-$600 range.

M

1 - 7 of 7 Posts