Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a P1 on an auction and would love to get some info on age etc. Serial is 321134. Its marked Carl Walther Waffenfabrik Ulm/Do on the left side of the slide. Interarms Alexandria virginia on Right side of slide. 69 on the trigger guard. A 4 point star on the take down lever. Circle with dot in it just above the trigger. Made in West Germany on right side of trigger guard. No W. No serial on barrel or slide. Thankfully for all and any information.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Ulm/Donau means post war, no hex bolt means pre 1975, and the 69 next to the antler mark means made/test fired 1969.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
In my opinion it's an original P1/P38 made in Ulm. Looks like the gun (at least the parts) was (were) made for military resp. administrative use (P1 marking, circle w. dot is an internal factory quality proof for officially used guns), but sold on 'civil market' (Ulm proof mark, missing SN/slide markings).

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I agree with Martin. This gun lacks the military proof mark which was also applied to police weapons as " Amtshilfe" but is marked P1, which indicates the use by the German government.

According to the German Waffengesetz (WaffG) - §24 only one of the legally essential gun parts needs to be marked with a serial number. For a semi auto that would be either barrel, slide, or frame. Since private P38s were usually serial numbered on the slide but military and police pistols were serial numbered on all major parts ( to make sure that the same parts went back into the gun after disassembly and cleaning ), it leaves plenty of room for speculations.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So what's a reasonable value on a gun like this? it has 1 extra mag and what seems to be a origina leather holster. Condition is good. Barrel is clean no rust or potti g anywhere. No holster wear.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I recently picked up a late ‘70s P1 in unissued condition for $425. I consider that acceptable. I’ve seen a lot of P1s priced from $500 to $600, but that seems to be on the high end.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I think Dieter has talked about this before. At times parts from the „official“ side of production ended up on the commercial side. This does indeed appear to be a standard-proofed commercial P38 with a few official parts, most prominently (and uncommonly) the use of a P1 marked slide.

These details should not have much impact on the price. I would agree with Gearhad‘s ballpark; online prices seem to be a bit higher. Since it is a commercial gun, the „original“ leather holster was likely added by the wholesaler and adds nothing value-wise.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Correct. Acc. to Dieter Marschall between 03/67 - 10/75 (SN 299708-370000) Walther didn't made any P1, only P38. I believe Walther found some parts left in stock... ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts