Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Opened up a newly acquired PPK and found this:

I think I need a new CI and spring, but have had no luck finding them online. Anyone know of any available?

Edited links

·
Registered
629 Posts
Not seeing any pictures on my end. You can find both of the parts at Numerich gun parts, ebay, gunbroker, and more as others will no doubt list. Just price shop for the best deals.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not seeing any pictures on my end. You can find both of the parts at Numerich gun parts, ebay, gunbroker, and more as others will no doubt list. Just price shop for the best deals.
Then I'm SOL. I already checked the places in that thread, and none of them have it in stock.

·
Registered
629 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That's the new style, not the old one. Tinypic usually works for me, I don't know why they don't show up. I'll upload them to imgur.
OK, cleaned up the links. The CI was installed backwards and was bent upwards. The spring was not working correctly either.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Ok so you need the old style. Too bad that you discovered it now. There was an old style floating around with spring on gunbroker for the last few months, but it appears that someone had finally snatched it up...

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Try Earl or Mike at M&M, they might be able to supply or direct you to a source.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
629 Posts
Thank you. The one I got from Earl was the new version - which did fit, but is not the correct one for my PPK, so I ordered one from that ebay listing.

I am still looking for springs, though...
That is unfortunate. Did you specify to Earl that you needed the older style?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is unfortunate. Did you specify to Earl that you needed the older style?
I called and spoke with a very nice young lady. He was in the background while I explained that I needed the old style ZM version of the cartridge indicator. I then gave my CC info and a few days later got the CI in the mail.

After emailing them, Earl assured me that this was the updated version of the CI and that it would fit. He has much more experience than me, so I decided to just follow his advice (it did). Besides, since I did not have the replacement ZM CI/spring, the new one would be fine as a temporary fix while I get my hands on one from the old continent.

Incidentally, I was able to get through to a distributor in the EU who told me that they could ship it to anyone in Europe, but not to me directly. The way I see it is that things are what they are. My OCD has to take a backseat to the reality of the situation. There are just no new ZM CI/springs available in the US. Earl just did what he could, and for this I am grateful.

Earl, if you're reading this, thank you yet again. You guys are great. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts