Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of a friend is having health issues and needs to get rid of a few guns. Most are your usual p938 and AR, but one that stuck out was this walther pp. I asked him to send pictures of any markings he found, and I've attached them. He's looking for a fair price so that we know what to list it at. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Accidentally hit post before I got the rest of the photos up. Anyhow, the story behind the walther is that the guy's grandpa was a sniper in Germany and snuck this (as well as a few other items) back. There is no capture paperwork as far as we know. So any rough estimates on value?

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Late 44 build (close) with wood grips and matching serial numbers. It is hard to tell condition from the photos, but I would guess the retail market on this would be about $750-950. Again, depending on condition. There is one on gun broker at the moment that is close to the serial number for $1450, but it hasn't sold in forever, so that tells me the price is high.

I am sure there are folks on here looking for something like this (including me). I would like to have a wood gripped version of the PP in my collection. Post it up in the for sale section. I would assume some better pictures with better lighting would be a must.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Late 44 build (close) with wood grips and matching serial numbers. It is hard to tell condition from the photos, but I would guess the retail market on this would be about $750-950. Again, depending on condition. There is one on gun broker at the moment that is close to the serial number for $1450, but it hasn't sold in forever, so that tells me the price is high.

I am sure there are folks on here looking for something like this (including me). I would like to have a wood gripped version of the PP in my collection. Post it up in the for sale section. I would assume some better pictures with better lighting would be a must.
Thanks, I'll try to get my hands on it so I can take more detailed pics. I would prefer to know which end of that spectrum this piece is on before listing it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I am not an expert by any means, but I do see a lot of them for sale and that appears to be about the going rate for when the actually "Sell". You see a lot of the listed for higher prices that sit there forever.

As for condition, it appears that the pistol has some light freckling, but better pics would help. Pics of the magazines would be good.

·
Registered
629 Posts
The military acceptance stamps will help solidify the value in at least the 750 range as phansson quoted.

Reactions: phansson

·
Registered
247 Posts
wood PP

I got this in a trade for a 1920 police luger. So no money changed hands.
Sorry I can't help more than that.
Skip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts