Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new blued P99 9mm from Impact a few weeks ago but I have some concerns. The description of what I ordered was a Walther P99 9mm,adjustable sights,16 round mags. The didnt have it in stock so it is on backorder. My concern is I came across some information that in 2004 Walther replaced their 16 round mags with 15 round mags. Is this true? The concerns Im hahving are (1)-getting a pre 2004 P99. What are the chances of Walther actually still having a pre 2004 P99 and filling orders with them? I wouldnt even care if they hadnt of changed the accessory rails. (2)-Walther putting the order on hold becuase of a obsolete itme or a inaccurate desciption thus making it even longer before I get the pistol! Do you think Walther would just replace the 16 round mags with 15 round mags without having to notify anyone? I emailed Walther and Impact about this letting them know that I wanted a post 2004 P99 and they didnt need to notify me that the mags would be different than what i ordered. I havent heard anyhting back from either of them. Sooooo! lol What do you guys see happening? Thanks for the help! Im itching to get my P99!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well, all of my Walther mags are 15 rounders except for the 10 rounder that came with it. Most likely, they're finishing off the stock pile CDNN bought up when Walther USA went under. I bought a 94 about 9 months ago from CDNN for a song, and haven't regreted it in the slightest. Well, would have liked an AS over a QA but they didn't have those. Oh well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im lost! So besides the magazine issue. The chances are I will get a 2004 or 2005 P99. How long do you think I will be waiting for this? A few months since it obviously has to be imported?

·
Registered
232 Posts
No. Walther USA went under. Walther in Germany is still there. When Walther USA went under, CDNN Investments bought up all their inventory of already importend guns very cheap and has been selling them off. That is what you are buying. I'd give CDNN a call and compare prices. I bought mine from them. The gun is most likely in Texas already though.

To be honest, I think that they went to a 15 round magazine to lengthen the follower for more stability. Also a tight 16th round could make the top round hard to strip from the mag. An issue my Glock 19 carrying friend found and allways carries 1 low in his mags.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah, you're right... it was interarms

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK,

Maybe I am confused now. I thought Walther didn't actually go under, but they were just bought out by Smith and Wesson. Hence the SW99 and the P99 having the same "genetic make-up"

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
No. Walther was imported by Interarms for a while, but I believe they are now longer around.

S&W made an agreement to import the Walthers, and I assume in return, they were allowed to make their own clone. I think S&W was making some parts of the gun for Walther, but there were too many problems w/ the S&W made P99s. So, now Walther is making their own parts again. And, they still make the frame for the S&W99.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I called Walther(the number on the Waltheramerica site) and talked to a great guy there. I found out that I would be getting 15 round mags although the desription at Impact said 16 and they are shipping the 2005 SA/DA AS with 15 round mags out every 4 or so days as of Friday and they had just sent 6 out to Elliot Brothers and 2 more out to someone else. He said the normal lead time on them is a month though.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I think Walther downgraded the magazines to 15 rounders to help with loading and reliability issues. Apparently, that 16th round is a bitch to get in.

try CDNN for Walther magazines (will be marked LE only), though I think they'll be under the SW99.

-stunks

·
Registered
232 Posts
Actually I've been buying them from Sportsman's Guide. Lowest price I've seen at about $35. Still kinda high.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Probably because they can be. I bought a 34 round mag for under $20, but it's a little conspicuous to carry and only feeds ball ammo.

P99 9mm 34-round magazine

Walther Factory Magazines

Looks like they've gone up. Hope you're a club member to get a good price.

·
Registered
333 Posts
For those who need 9mm 16 rd Walther Magazines...

Walther Magazines

Click on Magazines at the left and then follow you way to the Walther section He lists 9mm 16 rds mags "LE only" marked for $29

Great company to do business with......

JF.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Oh, now you tell me!

·
Registered
69 Posts
what ever you do dont buy promag they suck and anyway you can buy a 15rd walther mag for $24 at sportsmans warehouse.great deal if you have a store near you.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Toeball,
Is the 32 rd mag made by Promag?

The only trouble you have had is that it will only feed ball ammo?

Are they worth having? Lots of fun?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts