Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a PPK in .32 acp and am looking for a quality IWB holster. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had this one made by Larry Gallaher, New Kent Leather of Quinton Virginia. It was a few years ago and I think I paid around $75. I'm not sure if he still makes them but it is excellent and I wear it almost every day.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JH, thats exactly what I had in mind, def intend on looking into that. I dont suppose you'd know if Im going to run into any trouble CCing IWB with that S&W extended tang. Heard that some ppl are adding cut out portions of mousepads to prevent the tang from digging into your skin and I'd rather not have to "MacGyver" the thing

·
Registered
2,323 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Dre's choice is 100%. I have ton of holsters & the only ones I wear are that one because it has a high bodyshield for the S&W long tang & a good big clip. The things you want on a IWB holster are a body shield,a good big clip & the possibility of reholstering. You can reholster with the Bianchi 1100 ,sometimes with 2 hands ,but doable. The only other holster I would reccomend is the Fist leather or kydex with the extra body shield & cant. There is a little clipless holster called the Remora that does really work well ,look into it .they are cheap ,$30.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That bianchi is perfect, really enjoy the fact that it is an enclosed holster, less exposure to sweat and humidity. Thanks all for recommendations! Now I just have to convince myself that I did the right thing in ordering my ppk in .32 acp :eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Scorzeny, what did you do with Mussolini? You abosutely , positivley can't go wrong with a 32. Just ask Moon.
lol Had to get The Duce out of a tight spot there. Wish I had the opportunity to fire the ppk in .32 and .380 before buying it but I think I've heard and seen enough to be satisfied with my decision. Being a blowback design, Im very happy I didnt go with the recoil crazy .380

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the recommendations thus far guys, after seeing quite of few of the different options youve posted, Im def close to pinning a holster down. def want a enclosed IWB holster with a sturdy clip or J-hook (no loops or clasps), preferably black leather and a little protection from that nasty s&w extended tang

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
U use a High Noon Split Decision holster for both my PPK/S and my P99C Walthers. High Noon makes a terrific product, IMO. The leather and the craftsmanship are high quality, the fit is perfect, the price is better than most, and the holsters are in stock. For what it's worth, we've run many, many threads on the topic; a quick search would yield lots of opinions and many more photos ...

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Maybe it is my perfect body or something :D, but I have NEVER found a holster that I liked, or was comfortable at any price. I use the belly-band and you can put more artillery in that thing than you could imagine and cover it all up with a shirt. I suppose if you want to show your stuff off (and I don't blame anybody for that.....I do too) a nice holster is in order and I do nave a few. I rarely open carry off the farm and the belly-band works for me on any revolver or auto-pistol I own.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe it is my perfect body or something :D, but I have NEVER found a holster that I liked, or was comfortable at any price. I use the belly-band and you can put more artillery in that thing than you could imagine and cover it all up with a shirt. I suppose if you want to show your stuff off (and I don't blame anybody for that.....I do too) a nice holster is in order and I do nave a few. I rarely open carry off the farm and the belly-band works for me on any revolver or auto-pistol I own.
I too am blessed with an adonis like physique so maybe one of these days I'll experiment w a belly band format

and thanks for the advice searcher, will def take your advice on looking through those other threads

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
U use a High Noon Split Decision holster for both my PPK/S and my P99C Walthers. High Noon makes a terrific product, IMO. The leather and the craftsmanship are high quality, the fit is perfect, the price is better than most, and the holsters are in stock. For what it's worth, we've run many, many threads on the topic; a quick search would yield lots of opinions and many more photos ...

+1,000%

I have no fewer than 6 High Noon Holsters! I can go to the Galco shop down the street from our rifle shop & get what ever I want. But these holsters are BETTER than the Galco ones by a LONGSHOT!! I like the horsehide holsters they make. Very lightweight and fit perfectly.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts