Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I recently came across a 1966 ppk 7.65 in immaculate condition. 66 and antler on the barrel. Says ulm/do on the slide and model PPK. However on the left side of the frame it does not have the "made in W. Germany" on it. Two thoughts here...one it has been reblued. But the lettering on the slide is so crisp I can't imagine anyone would reblue just the frame. The second thought it was a Manhurin production, but I thought those were stamped as such. Any info would be great as I really need to pull the trigger on this soon ( all pun intended ). As always thanks to everyone in this community who replies!

Regards,
3PK

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
3PK, the "Made in W.-Germany" (or "Made in Germany" on older PP/PPK) marking on the frame left side behind the trigger was stamed on export models only. If it's missing, the gun was made for the European market. Most police surplus Walther/Ulm for example haven't any "Made in..." marking.

·
Registered
244 Posts
No marking on the slide but my police surplus 7.65mm PP says 'Made in Germany' on the bottom of the left grip.

·
Registered
384 Posts
3PK, the "Made in W.-Germany" (or "Made in Germany" on older PP/PPK) marking on the frame left side behind the trigger was stamed on export models only. If it's missing, the gun was made for the European market. Most police surplus Walther/Ulm for example haven't any "Made in..." marking.
ok, this is something I did not know. I've always wondred why there is no " MADE IN .......... " on my PP.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
No marking on the slide but my police surplus 7.65mm PP says 'Made in Germany' on the bottom of the left grip.
Yes. But we are talking about "Made in W.-Germany" marking on the frame left side behind the trigger. Over the time there were several parts marked on several different places. So we have to follow OP's question.

·
Registered
384 Posts
there are no markings on my PP indicating that it was a police or miltary surplus. And no "MADE IN .........." stamp. does that mean it was sold in Europe to a private owner? Now i'm wondering how it got to Alabama.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Lots of US-military personnel were based in Germany...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Did have?? I hope its still there, lol. I used to go down there a fair bit as a volunteer armourer for CMP. Almost got run over by a rampaging Abrams one afternoon,,,,,

·
Registered
384 Posts
Did have?? I hope its still there, lol. I used to go down there a fair bit as a volunteer armourer for CMP. Almost got run over by a rampaging Abrams one afternoon,,,,,
Most of Fort McClellan has been turned over to Anniston since it closed. There is still some Guard and HS out there, but for the most part it is gone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts