Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Holosun products. I have a HE507C-GR and HE407C-GR on two of my PPQs. Those are 2 moa green dots. I like the green dot <got astigmitism>, but wanted a larger dot for a new Walther PDP. I ordered a HOLOSUN HE407K-GR X2 which has a larger 6 moa green dot, but I just was informed the micro "K" optics do not fit the mounting bases supplied by Walther without modification. I am not interested in modifying anything......

So, can anyone recommend a comparable quality 4-8 moa GREEN dot optic that fits the bases Walther supplies? Like to keep the cost under $350 if possible.

I really want the features my Holosums have, these two are musts.
Shake awake
Auto-off
The battery on the side is nice, auto-brightness, solar assistance is nice. I don't plan to carry the PDP, so size isn't a factor. I know Burris and Vortex are popular; if anyone has real world experience with them with a 4-6 moa green dot please let me know! I am starting my research today, but I always like to hear from folks who actually use the product!

Thanks.
Doug

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
P99QA Gen 1 (sold), PDP compact 4", PPS, Q5 Match, P22, and a few from lesser brands as well.
93 Posts
Sounds like your best bet would be to stay with the Holosun brand. In that case, you have two options as I see it:

1. get a 407/507C optic or 508T and use the free Walther plate. Maybe they have one of those with a larger dot as an option.
2. keep the 507K optic and get the C&H plate.

The K optics are smaller, as I'm sure you know, but you also said that size isn't an option, so I'd go back to Holosun and see if there are any variants that have the larger dot in the C/T lines. Some people rave about the chevron options, maybe take a look at those and see if they work for you.

I run a 507C on my Q5 but I run a 507K on my EDC PDP. I had to get the C&H plate. It's a nice setup. As you noted, the K optic is a lot smaller than the 507C on the outside, while the window itself seems just a little bit smaller. Seems to be a nice balance for concealed carry (based on my body type, holsters, and carry positions). Others may not need the smaller optic and may have a different body size or have different attire that helps conceal a larger optic. However, since you said size isn't a concern for the optic, then as noted above, you might be better served looking for one of the larger optics. But keep in mind, the larger optics also cost more than the 407/507k, so you may spend that same $70 difference in getting a bigger optic versus getting the plate for the smaller one with the dot you want.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like your best bet would be to stay with the Holosun brand. In that case, you have two options as I see it:

1. get a 407/507C optic or 508T and use the free Walther plate. Maybe they have one of those with a larger dot as an option.
2. keep the 507K optic and get the C&H plate.

The K optics are smaller, as I'm sure you know, but you also said that size isn't an option, so I'd go back to Holosun and see if there are any variants that have the larger dot in the C/T lines. Some people rave about the chevron options, maybe take a look at those and see if they work for you.

I run a 507C on my Q5 but I run a 507K on my EDC PDP. I had to get the C&H plate. It's a nice setup. As you noted, the K optic is a lot smaller than the 507C on the outside, while the window itself seems just a little bit smaller. Seems to be a nice balance for concealed carry (based on my body type, holsters, and carry positions). Others may not need the smaller optic and may have a different body size or have different attire that helps conceal a larger optic. However, since you said size isn't a concern for the optic, then as noted above, you might be better served looking for one of the larger optics. But keep in mind, the larger optics also cost more than the 407/507k, so you may spend that same $70 difference in getting a bigger optic versus getting the plate for the smaller one with the dot you want.
Thanks for all that information. In doing additional research I found information on the Holosun HE507C-X2-ACSS. It's the same size base as the Holosun HE507C-GR-V2 (and HE407c) that I am using now. The reason I went with this one with the ACSS reticle is it is a 10 moa chevron in stead of the small 2 moa dots my existing 4/507Cs use. So it will be both green and larger, and operate the same way as the ones I have now. Glad I found out about that ACSS online!

Doug

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for all that information. In doing additional research I found information on the Holosun HE507C-X2-ACSS. It's the same size base as the Holosun HE507C-GR-V2 (and HE407c) that I am using now. The reason I went with this one with the ACSS reticle is it is a 10 moa chevron in stead of the small 2 moa dots my existing 4/507Cs use. So it will be both green and larger, and operate the same way as the ones I have now. Glad I found out about that ACSS online!

Doug
The ACSS is exactly what I did. In green! You beat me to it. Won’t be disappointed.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ACSS is exactly what I did. In green! You beat me to it. Won’t be disappointed.
Any issues mounting? Even though I've installed a few pistol reflex "dot sights", I ordered a Wheeler torque driver for this install. I'm 75 years old in a few months, so I will likely never use it again! But, hopefully my SIL and daughter will figure out a need for it. :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any issues mounting? Even though I've installed a few pistol reflex "dot sights", I ordered a Wheeler torque driver for this install. I'm 75 years old in a few months, so I will likely never use it again! But, hopefully my SIL and daughter will figure out a need for it. :cool:
No sweat. I have that driver, too and it’s probably smart. The mounting plate is known to flex slightly on the slide. So in this case it’s probably best to properly torque all the screws instead of going by feel. The only problems I’ve had with doing this work is using cheap hex and Torx bits. Regrets always follow that poor choice. So I use impact driver bits from Irwin now. Not expensive. Just harder points so they won’t ever strip a screw. The Holosuns are my new favorite optic. Just installed the K size on a P365XL and much happier than with the Sig optic. Good luck.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No sweat. I have that driver, too and it’s probably smart. The mounting plate is known to flex slightly on the slide. So in this case it’s probably best to properly torque all the screws instead of going by feel. The only problems I’ve had with doing this work is using cheap hex and Torx bits. Regrets always follow that poor choice. So I use impact driver bits from Irwin now. Not expensive. Just harder points so they won’t ever strip a screw. The Holosuns are my new favorite optic. Just installed the K size on a P365XL and much happier than with the Sig optic. Good luck.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll pick up some Irwin bits, as the kit I ordered doesn't have any Phillips head bits. Weird that. I had originally gotten a 407K to put on the PDP, but decided it was too small, plus the Walther plate apparently doesn't work with that. I've used my friends P365 and was not impressed with the Sig optic. I could hardly every find the danged thing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts