Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have carried a 1911 and a Glock for over 20years and am looking at getting a P99 and not sure which version. I was at the gun store the other day and found the QA to have a heavy trigger pull like a double action pistol and the AS to be more similar to my Glock. Now I read that everyone is saying that the QA is more like my Glock. HELP
Thanks
TODD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info, the funny thing is that they say the QA is like the Glock, I see it more like a double action pistol with the first pull being long and hard
at least that was my opinion of the ones I looked at. Am I wrong?

Thanks
TODD

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Go here for details.

The A/S is the way to go![/quote]

This is a biased opinion, QA is the way to go:D

No, really the QA is nothing like a Glock trigger, the Glock is a two stage trigger, or a take up with a single action at the end. The QA is like a short double action. I would think coming from a 1911 one would go with the QA because the trigger breaks further forward. Coming from a Glock I would think the AS because the single action breaks all the way against the frame like a Glock. This is assuming the 1911 had a long trigger. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the AS type. IMO, its nothing more than a regular double action like SIG, Beretta, S&W metal framed pistols. If I'd had the choice, the QA would have been my choice. I don't really like the trigger break so close to the frame, esp. in the de-cocked position, it almost seems I'm gonna run out of finger travel before it'll fire. Were the poundage required a bit lighter, it might not be as bad.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The QA is like the Glock in that the striker is partially cocked, and every trigger pull is the same.

The AS is a DA/SA gun. First pull is heavier, subsequent pulls are lighter.

Now as to what feels better - try it out, you may prefer the AS. But, that's what people mean when they talk about QA=Glock. :)

-edit-

BTW, i'm wondering if when you tried the AS, if you actually did try the single action, because if you haven't then you'll not see the difference yet. If you get another chance at the counter, rack the slide completely and then try the pull. It will feel a lot different than your Glock (and the QA).

thorn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts