Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The local pawn shop has 2 PPK 32 autos 95% or better for sale. I think they are priced at the top of thier value.

Pre War PPK 32 serial number was 4xxx $850 no box or papers that I saw.

1968(proof date by antler on barrel) PPK 32 no interarms markings in alligator box with papers and spare magazine, forgot to get the serial number $650

Can anyone give a guess for value? I see some PPK 22LR going for as high as $950-1300, they aren't selling so I figure they are priced at the top of the scale. I think the 32 would be more common as the pistol was designed for the 32.

I would like to have a set of 68 vintage PPKs a 22LR, 32(7.65), 380(9mm Kurtz). But as I plan on shooting them I don't want to spend the maximun value then lower it by shooting them.

Haven't really found any low serial numbered PPK 32 autos to compare the Older one to, but the price seems high It isn't a German wartime PPK.

Thanks,

Carl

·
Registered
78 Posts
The pre war PPK needs to be better defined. The serial number does not compute with a pre war PPK. They started at 750,000 and went up. Some time in the late 30's they changed to a six digit number ending with a K. Check the serial number and the proof marks again.

As for the 1968, if the box is original to the weapon, the mags are correct, and the weapon is in very good to excellent condition - the price is quite reasonable IMHO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today I had more time so I got both the pistols out and looked them over.

The older PPK only has the serial number 45xx on the frame no number on slide proof on slide appears to be a N on its side and eagle or Crown (appears to be raised inside the circular stamp my eyes aren't that good anymore) under it to the right. It has a lanyard loop and brown mottled plastic grips, which after looking at them they are cracked in the top center back of grip and on the right side. Nothing more than average condition overall.

The 68 PPK is ok for a shooter but I feel it is also in average condition. Original box manual and magazines with it though. I wouldn't pay the asking price of $650 on it. Haven't decide how far down I would have to get the price to buy that one. Although it's the last year they could be legally imported to the US.

I can get apparently new in box 70 PPKs 380 for $699 which I feel is too high at another shop. May try to get them to back down on the price to about $500-550.00 on that one. It's the year I graduated from high school would be nice to have. But prefer the 22LR s myself

·
Registered
78 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The older PPK only has the serial number 45xx on the frame
Is this on the right side of the frame? Or, is it on the "front" of the mag well?

PPKs that were taken into German Government employ were sometimes stamped with the last four digits of the serial number on the front of the mag well. Normally these four digits were preceded by letters (such as NDF).

Does the PPK have a 60 or 90 degree safety (decocker)? Are there any proof marks around the mag release button? Is there a serial number on the right side of the frame? Does the pistol appear to have been refinished?

The more it is described, the more it sounds like it is not worth anything near $850.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
You might be looking at a Walther Model 8 (It similar lines to a PPK.) or a "newer" model PP. We need more information about the serial number though to help you. How many digits long is it? (it can't be only 4) Does the serial number end with a "k"? The serial number you provided does not jive with the PPK. If it indeed starts with "45" then it could be a Model 8 or PP.

Can you take a picture?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts