Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a great forum. Learned much before purchasing a new PPK/S-1.
Ended up firing up the Dremel belt sander and grinder tools, abrasives and lapping compounds and disassembled the little urchin this past w/e to make it more hand and eye friendly.
The tang is now softer and the sharp edges are history.
The trigger is smoother and polished.
Has a new Wolff hammer spring.
Polished the action parts.
Reduced the laser etch bite with 1500 grit wetsand and polish.
Lapped slide rails.
Feels much better in the hand and the smaller tang and softer lettering give it a more finished appearance.

I need some help from the Walther community. I contacted Nill in Germany. Some of you may know, they make fine wood grips on computer controlled milling machines. They responded promptly that they have grips for the Interarms and are interested if someone could "send us a picture of the frame so that we can check it for variations."

Don't have a digital camera. Could anybody post a picture of the PPK/S-1 without grips or even perhaps an Interarms frame for comparison?

I'd be glad to forward to Nill and see if we can have another quality grip supplier. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Battlecry

If I was you, I would not go by pics when asking Nill for grips...
I have a P5 that I bought Nills for and they did not fit without some minor work, yet it was work.
When I had emailed them, I kinda got the sorry maybe the frame was changed yada yada yada....
Don't get me wrong I love the Nills and am about to get some for my P7M8..... however them thinking they will fit or they can tell by a picture is far fetched....
Have them or yourself call/email Walther for specs... since S&W is exporting the PPK/S to Germany, Walther should be able to forward them a technical drawing or you can even call S&W for one.....
I just doubt that you can tell the difference from pics... but that is just my 2 cents..... I do not have a S&W PPK/S or I send you all the pics you wanted for it....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply uncut. It was Nill customer service that asked for the picture. They seem to think the Interarms and the S&W frames are compatible as far as their grips are concerned. Maybe they are, but I agree with you that they probably have more accurate ways to find out if they need a different shape.

I missed the MacTec sale of Nill PPK/S grips, now I wish I had taken the chance. I'll order a set and be prepared to carve and mold if necessary.

I think you will like P7 with the Nills. The fit of the Nill on my P9S is flawless and it makes the firearm look outstanding.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
FWIW
I had to do some work on the grips for my P5.... as many others had to do too....

There are wood grips @ CDNN that say they will work on both guns ... might need minor fitting...n But they are a lot less then the Nill grips....

please keep us updated

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Hello,
Links to right and left view of ppk/s-1 (S&W version). They re a bit large so I just posted the link. Hope this helps.  

Left

Right

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, MLB! Just forwarded to Nill. Ordered a pair of grips last week regardless. Will report on any fit issues soon.

Regards,

R.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The Nill grips look terrific, but I thought I'd try my hand at making a custom pair first. Turned out pretty well so I'll wait until I find the elusive P5C and put a set of Nill's on that one.

Love to see a pic of the Nills on your PPK/s when they come in.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
MLB
you are right about the P5c
I have not seen many around as of late (but Earls)... and the ones that have been on gunrober and so forth, are soooo out of the pricerange....

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Anyone with enough money can get one. That precludes most of us though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts