Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I'm new to this forum, but I've been shooting walthers for about 12 years. Love em. I recently got a threaded barrel from Jarvis and added a compensator, but now the spring is too heavy and stovepipes on me. I did a quick search of the web and couldn't find anyone making lighter springs for the PPQ M1 9mm specifically, so I thought I'd ask y'all if you know of someone makings these or something that will work just as well. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,814 Posts
I do have a couple of DPM systems. However, my aftermarket recoil system of choice is Sprinco. Alan has years of experience and strives for customer satisfaction. Have a question or concern, all you've got to do is give em' a call. Try THAT with the other system. Bottom line....the Sprinco systems work and customer support is not only readily available, but its great.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So You had failures with DPM system? And what about BT guide rod? Is there any difference comparing to standard plastic rod?

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
imoldfart what about DPM system? I guess you tried one? Is sprinco any better?
SprinCo is better. I have a DPM as well and Alan's Sprinco system is light years ahead of the DPM (or for that matter BT).

I'd call Alan and talk to him about your issue, he may send you both the Red and Blue secondary springs to toy with or recommend one over the other.

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
The BT RSA is good but the SprinCo is better!

·
Premium Member
13,814 Posts
Yep, what Olsoul said. And just to be clear...BT offers stainless steel replacement guide rods and uses a stock Walther recoil spring. If you're looking for an aftermarket steel one piece guide to replaced the factory plastic guide rod....BT's got you covered. I run Bill's guide rods in my SW99 45's....they're excellently crafted and a perfect fit.

If you're looking for a recoil reduction guide rod assembly DPM and Sprinco are your choices. I own and use both brands, however Sprinco is located in the good ole USA and provides customer support that goes above and beyond. The Sprinco systems DO what they're advertised to do and Alan continues to tweak spring ratios in an effort to optimize the benefits of his systems. Sprinco is developing a family of springs for the PPQ's tailored to various customer needs, whether it be shooting mouse fart loads or high powered loads. Sprinco can provide the right spring combo to fit you needs.

Sprinco systems are better than the DPM system and are my rsa of choice. I'll be slowly replacing ALL my stock rsa's with Sprinco units as money becomes available.

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
I'm thinking about sending Alan my Q45 to play with. I want to put his Sprinco RSA in that weapon too.
(Well I'll send it after I throw some rounds down range next month)

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
I'm going to talk to him about it on Monday.

·
Premium Member
13,814 Posts
Yeah, I still can't get over how sweet that thing shot.....how nice it fit the hand....Walther knocked this one out of the park. If you send yours to Alan, I may have to drive down to Austin just to take another look at it. You don't mind if I shoot it do ya? :D

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I'm curious, what type of compensator did you attach to the barrel that is causing reliability issues?

Is it very heavy?

Does the pistol work reliably with the aftermarket barrel, without the compensator?

Walther makes a lighter recoil spring assembly from the factory that is to be used on pistols with suppressors. With an aftermarket recoil reduction guide rod, an aftermarket barrel, and an aftermarket compensator, it may be a little difficult to pinpoint what is causing issues if the issues persist. Maybe you should try just a lighter spring for now, before going with a recoil reduction guide rod. The closer the pistol is to the stock configuration, the easier it will be to determine what exactly is causing the issue here, unless of course, you have already determined that it is the recoil spring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys! this is Supper helpful. I do not have an aftermarket guide rod. i only swaped out the barrel and added the YHM compensator I'll give allan a try and see if I can get a better spring through him. Thanks all!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts