Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my P99 .40 cal in Alaska in October 02 on base. My weapon is marked right side barrel Walther USA LLCSpringfield Ma. Ser # 463##2. It has ZERO makers marks on it.:mad: Was reading that the right side by the assesory rail nope.:( by trigger nope :( nothing. The best thing for me is that it does NOT say Smith and S#@& on it.:D Does any body know where you can look up when it was made ect. The rail on the front old style it does not go all the way to the end of lower reciever, any help would go a long way. Oh if you could point me to a rail system that works. No Dirty Charlies do not bought one for it now it sits on my P22
Luke

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looked at this site

I looked at this site and my P99 has NO markings at all, on any of those places that you are told to look at. That is the whole point mine is different. The Walther is lazer etched on the slide and barrel with the Ser # only on the barrel. Any other hints?
Luke:eek:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
This sounds like a Smith & Wesson made P99 40. I had one a few years ago, and if my memory is correct there will be no eagle over N proof marks anywhere and no date code or any other symbols stamped into the frame. You will have a lazer etched Walther logo on the left side of the slide. The frame will say "Made in Germany", which it was, but the slide and barrel were made by S&W and assembled by same. Walther contracted out a few thousand of these when they couldn't keep up with production. You should be able to find this information on the P99 FAQ web site.

Are you saying there is no serial number anywhere on the frame??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Walther P99 .40

I Agree with Bandgr2, I own one of these Walther p99 .40 I did a lot of research on it and received quite a bit of info from the guys in the know on this forum. Walther's had Smith and Wesson manufacture around 5000 barrels and slides at the beginning of 2001, The p99 .40 with serial numbers beginning with 46XXXX was made in early 2001 and was one of the 5000 or so with the Smith & Wesson slides and barrels. If you call Walther's and give them the Serial number they can give you the exact date it was made. It is missing the eagle over the N marks and has no antler stamp on the bottom of the frame. The left front side of slide is laser etched with the Walthers Logo and the right front of slide should have the importer markings of Walther USA LLC Springfield Ma on it. The serial number should be in three visible locations, the rear of the frame, on the right side of the barrel, and on the middle right side of the slide. Hope this helps you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts