Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a walther pp serial number 213656p. It has a waffenampt eagle with n under it on the trigger guard. It also has a laynard ring. I was wondering if this was a addon during the war or after. I hop I didn't get took. Any help would be of use to me. Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Most folks think that the Eagle over N is a Nazi stamp, and has some sort of military connotation. In fact it does not.

If the weapon had been made for/accepted by the German military, the weapon would be marked with a "waffenampf", in the case of Walther this would be a Wa359 marking.

I have not seen a trigger guard marked with the Eagle/N proff mark. These are normally found in three places on the Walther PP/PPk: the frame (barrel shroud, seen through the ejector port), the slide (right side, below ejector port) and the barrel.

A lanyard ring may have been offered as an accessory.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Thought I knew more than I do. Will do a lot more study in the future.:p

·
Registered
8 Posts
The lanyard was added after the war by the french and other countries police departments.Then too alot of people just added it theirselves as Walther never did do this.Even today you can get those add on,s on alot of the gun sites.They even offer the plug to put back in if for some reason you do not want the lanyard.Collectors do not want these on their investments.
Regards
Danny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts