Walther Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 76 Posts
I have a recent production Ft Smith Walther PPK/S and I can confirm that the DA trigger pull on it is easily 50 lbs.
That's interesting. The one I handled at my LGS had a lighter and smoother trigger than my 90's vintage Interarms.

I always wonder if the folks so worried about a choice of firearm give as much attention to the type and condition of the tires and brakes on their vehicles. I suspect not.
I use the same analogy when talking to people except I use nutrition or reading their insurance policies.

Two very classy .380s

The Beretta Pico is the 'modern' micro .380 that Walther should have produced. Ambi-paddle mag release. It even has the HUGE P99/PPQ style extractor.

Sometimes I like to turn off the lights and pretend my Beretta is actually German. ;)

...and for the record, I run Michellen Cross Climate 2's. Just got new ones before the first frost hits.

Sig 238. Wouldn't want either.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
I would agree with you on that but the reason I didn’t go for that was because I didn’t trust the p238 being cocked and locked in my pocket. It’s like having a 1911 in your pocket, if the safety comes off, that trigger can easily go off.

at least with the PPK/s I have a safety and a DA trigger pull for pocket carry, also a 7 round mag.

Weak hands and wrists... problem solved.
Squeeze your blue balls and do rollups daily. ;)

Sig P238 HD
Colt Plus II
I like all steel guns.

I made some grips for our P238s that feel like you're holding a revolver. Palm swell and thumb rest and tweaking it as time permits.

7 round mag fits flush, pinky plastic removed, and wish they made a quality 8 rounder as I like short barrels and long grips, chock full of ammo, for boat work/fishing.

This Officer just has longer slabs with an adaptor for the 8 round McCormick mags or other quality mags.
Prototype Adaptor, in glass/epoxy, is held by the grips and will give it to the code writing kids in the clan to see about making them in metal.

Gotta love arts & crafts with guns. :D
X Frame stocks have priority as it's no fun with grips that don't fit or allow for a high hold.
Two hand guns deserve a place for both hands.
Made in wood that doesn't fracture at the backstrap.
Fun project almost completed.

Our S&Walther 380s run without issues and if you load your own with heavy bullets, 115gr-120gr HC, FMJ and XTPs, hot but accurate, they be Mini9s. :D
N320 or BE.

Wood Door Gas Metal Pipe

Wood Hunting knife Everyday carry Knife Gun accessory

Fixture Rectangle Window Wood Tints and shades

Discussion starter · #28 ·
thank you for all the replies gents - this is my first Walther and quite honestly i love it - i think imma just leave it alone and not change out anything, i'll work the hammer strut spring with the trigger and see if it loosens up any - having onset arthritis in my hands, fingers and joints doesn't make it any easier but i'll deal with it

thx

Thanks for asking. (y)
I'll post some pics next week that will give you all an idea of the process to that goal and it's current state.
RT

I documented the development of two styles of X Frame grips to fit my hands over the past couple of years.
You'd be surprised how a millimeter added or removed makes something Wunderbar.

Check this link by a serious 460 shooter.
Ruggyh might have about 100k downrange by now.

Aside from experimenting with different hammer-springs, if your pistol has a grooved trigger, you might consider replacing it with a smooth trigger. They turn up on eBay quite regularly. With the heavy pull, it gives me a much more comfortable trigger-finger!
Photos showing trigger-pin removal & installation tool I made from 3/16"aluminum pop-rivet, the original grooved trigger from my German-import PPK/S, and smooth trigger installed.

Mark D.

Handwriting Gesture Rectangle Font Writing
Wood Material property Auto part Hardwood Metal
Audio equipment Wood Tints and shades Metal Gas

if your pistol has a grooved trigger, you might consider replacing it with a smooth trigger...With the heavy pull, it makes for a much more comfortable trigger-finger!
The opposite is true for me. I find that on a gun with a heavy trigger, a grooved trigger face helps lock my finger in to position. With a smooth trigger face my finger squirms around and I start to loose leverage as I struggle with keeping it in place.

I don't need any one to rack a pistol and never have. Don't know why your egging me?
Probably egging you for the same reason you've twice in as many weeks tried rattling cages by senselessly crapping all over the PPK.

Or maybe it's because you're subjecting all of us to unwelcome advertising by tapatalk. Perhaps you could adjust the settings on your app so we don't have to read that advert every time you post? Thanks!

Congrats on your recent purchase ! I purchased my Ft. Smith PPK last Nov. Love the weapon, but disappointed in the sharp edge of the frame along either side of the grips. No slide bite but definitely have crease marks after firing a few mags. Been researching after-market grips but still undecided. Let me know if you experience similar discomfort, and find a solution. Regards Steve

I would agree with you on that but the reason I didn’t go for that was because I didn’t trust the p238 being cocked and locked in my pocket. It’s like having a 1911 in your pocket, if the safety comes off, that trigger can easily go off.

at least with the PPK/s I have a safety and a DA trigger pull for pocket carry, also a 7 round mag.
Don't ever say that to Lucky Gunner. He thinks the whole PP line is obsolete.

I have a 1983 PPK/S in stainless that I recently bought. It was a virgin when I got it. After about 200 rounds I have had no issues. Shoots every time and inside 2" at 20 yds. DA trigger pull is about 11# and SA is about 4#. LOVE IT.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.