Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woe is me, woe is me...

As usual my gun money burns a hole in my pocket.... I just can't seem to hold on to it very long.

I was saving for a nice PPS when they hit the streets here in "God's Country", but I've wanted a new Seecamp LWS32 for a long, long time. I've wanted one ever since they were being scalped at $800+ w/a two year wait.

Now the prices came down on the 32 cal. Seecamps (with the release of the 380's) and I found a new one priced reasonably, so bye, bye PPS money..

Basically I've decided after buying several new 1st series pistols in the past, and they had "teething problems" I have about made up my mind not to be a "beta tester" any more. I still want a PPS, I just want YOU guys to buy the first run and test 'em out for me. When I'm relatively sure the PPS is "bug free" then I'll buy one too. Also I'm just crossing my fingers that sooner or later the PPS might be available in the "AS" version..

Also, I've very happy with my P99c/AS, and anytime conditions allow it's my #1 cc firearm. On nude beaches and such I can carry the Seecamp..

Sorry to jump ship (Shipwreck connection here), and be assured it's only temporary. I'll be back for my PPS when the time is right!:D

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was saving for a nice PPS when they hit the streets here in "God's Country"....

On nude beaches and such I can carry the Seecamp..
J. Pomeroy
I heard that "God's Country" was on fire.... but I didn't realize that referred to the beaches.

Are you ok down there? Here in NC today it was very smokey.... and the meteorologists said it was smoke from SE Georgia blowing up this way.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard that "God's Country" was on fire.... but I didn't realize that referred to the beaches.

Are you ok down there? Here in NC today it was very smokey.... and the meteorologists said it was smoke from SE Georgia blowing up this way.

Actually, (and thanks for askin') we live in Metter, 100miles N&E of Waycross where the fire originated. I'm from Waycross, and have family and friends there. Apparently the fire has moved on South towards Folkston, Fargo, and Northern Fl. My family in Waycross was actually told to evacuate at one time, but the wind changed and they didn't have to. A friend of mine in Waycross told me yesterday that it's a sad sight when you go driving in the country.. Apparently it's just burned timber every place you look.

I don't know how far N. the smoke will get because so much depends on the winds and weather fronts.. It is smoky HERE today, but not too bad. JoAnn's friend in Waycross told her a few minutes ago on the phone that the smoke is so bad in Waycross today that you can't even stay outside much without it affecting you.

We need some rain.....

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yep, I hope you get lots of rain real soon. It's raining here now and the smoke has washed out.

I remember Waycross.... from March, 1970. It was on the centerline of a total solar eclipse. 7 minutes of totality.... wow! Were you around then?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, I hope you get lots of rain real soon. It's raining here now and the smoke has washed out.

I remember Waycross.... from March, 1970. It was on the centerline of a total solar eclipse. 7 minutes of totality.... wow! Were you around then?

Hey, I'm an old dude.. I graduated from Waycross High School in NINETEEN & SIXTY-ONE.. ( and that would be the 1961 from the previous century).

I know, I'm too old to be allowed out of the home with a loaded firearm, but my bride is semi-senile too, and doesn't care.. :D

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
406 Posts
You won't regret that Seecamp purchase very long. That little automatic will be with you when you wouldn't dream of having your Walther. As a constant companion, the Seecamp can't be beat.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You won't regret that Seecamp purchase very long. That little automatic will be with you when you wouldn't dream of having your Walther. As a constant companion, the Seecamp can't be beat.
Thanks!

Now I feel better..

Now if I can just keep Shipwreck from getting on my case for this little detour off the Walther highway I'll be good to go! :D

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

P.S. But then, I've detoured before.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PX15:

Since you're not buying the PPS, I guess you should close your "PPS for sale" thread.:)

Not just yet....;)

I'm just implusive enough I might not can wait for all you beta-testers to get thru beta-testing before I just "gotta have one"for myself......

The only downside I see to getting a PPS and lovin' it, is then where does that put my favorite P99c/AS? I'm not selling the sucker, and I like it too much to just put it away... Too many options.. :eek:

Tell you what though... I REALLY want a PPS with the "AS" system..... If Walther even threatens the potential release of the PPS in the "AS" models I'll definitely wait for that....

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

And here she is now...:eek:

This will be my backup to my P99c/AS which is already my backup to my P99/AS....;)

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My primary is a P99AS...backup is P99cAS and then a Keltec 380....the PPS will be my "Sunday" carry piece.

Um.... That makes perfect sense to me.. :D

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts