Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 1990 I decided I wanted another Walther chambered for .22 (cheaper to shoot than 7.65m/m) and this is what I got.
Carl Walther Waffenfabrik Ulm/Do Made in W.Germany
Right slide is marked with the star,Interarms Alexandria Virginia N over crown
Frame is marked N over crown ID and what appears to be an antler
Serial # 51214LR
It's about 99%, has black grips with a thumbrest for the right hand shooter
I have the box and test target.
Strangely it is missing the instruction manual. (little note in the box says replacement manual available from Interarms)
It came with one magazine that has the little finger (spur?) on the end of it.
I haven't done all my homework on it yet to determine it's DOB and I'm currently uploading some pictures to post (hope I can figure out how to post them
If I recall I think I paid less than $200.
It just loves to digest Remington Viper ammo.
Any comments?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Nice PP, and it will continue to appreciate greatly. Nice picture also. I didn't read your P38 forum post, but isn't the date code on it next to an antler symbol? Either two letters or two numbers.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
I haven's seen one go for less than $k in that condition. Best of luck & welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Had one just like it in the late 70's, great pistol! Mine worked perfectly if I loaded the magazine with 7 or 8 rounds of CCI Stinger!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Between the crown over N and the antler it is marked ID. I rechecked my records and it looks like I paid $280.
I too noticed it likes ammo with some punch and had one malfunction with a cheaper magazine that was loader with 9 rds. (may have been the mag)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts