Walther Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
The PK380 I bought has the nickel slide and can anyone tell me how I can touch up the slide as it has a large scratch on one side.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm working on a holster that will fit my PK380 with the laser\light combo I have, the actual holster is a Fobus( GL2 Emz) with a few mods, conected to a blackhawk modular paddle with a quick disconnect mount. I'm working on a way to mount the disconnect to me wheelchair and in my car. This is just the first step to prove it works right, I'll update as I go.
So far so good and much easier to draw!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well an update. I finally found time to shoot my pk380 and does it ever. Nice round groups at 10yds none more than 2" from aim point. I should be able to improve on this as I get used to gun. The slide I might replace if not too expensive. Walther has them in stock. Comes complete with everything on it so I would then have replacement parts for the future.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Anyone on this thread know what kind of finish is on the PK380 with nickel slide. The slides in some pictures look like they might be shinny and on others it looks dull.
I read that you bought a two-tone PK380 in the meantime. I never had the chance to see one in person. So how would you describe the look of the slide?

I shoot my PK380 on a regular basis. I never experienced any problems. The only thing that bothers me is the impractical necessity of the takedown key.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I read that you bought a two-tone PK380 in the meantime. I never had the chance to see one in person. So how would you describe the look of the slide?

I shoot my PK380 on a regular basis. I never experienced any problems. The only thing that bothers me is the impractical necessity of the takedown key.
Almost like a sandblasted surface with silver ceracote sprayed on.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looks nice but scratches really easy.
As to the takedown lever I had heard that initially someone didn't snap in the take down clip all the way and the gun flew apart upon firing. The went to that lever so as to make sure that wouldn't happen again. This was early in design. Not sure if that is true or not. Anyone out there have any other ideas why?

·
Registered
183 Posts
The takedown key is a functionality that has been there since the PK380 was introduced in 2009. There wasn't any change.
I am referring to the design phase of the gun. I know I have had malfunctions with my P22 because I didn't push up the take down thing all the way after cleaning.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Put a clipdraw on the Pk380 yesterday and like the way it feels inside the waistband. Only problem is with it being so boxy it shows under my clothes where the Bersa doesn't. I need to wear much looser clothing if I was to carry the PK380.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts