Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share some pics of how I carry my PK380 now that I'm in a wheelchair.
Using a holster has become a problem since I've been in a wheelchair, so I tried the clipdraw and I love it. Now I can carry in ways that are easier. I also added an aftermarket green laser/flashlight combo that doest come on all the time and doesnt add to much bulk. I also added grip tape. For now I'm very satisfied with the feel and handling. I used my .380 laser bore sighter to sight the laser and it was off by less than 1/2 inch at 20 yards. Please feel free to ask what you like.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just an update
I got the Galloway Precision capture guide rod and mag extension.
No problems with the guide rod at all.
I have read how sloppy the fit of the mag extension is and found out a quick fix for it. I moved the set scew hole to the other side and moved it 1/8 of an inch toward the front of the extension. I used a 1/32 drill bit to start and finished with a slightly tapered diamond dremel bit for a precise fit of the set screw. Now it's nice and tight with no wiggle at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
My wife had a PK380. She sold it to a neighbor because she thought it was to heavy/large for her purse. I personally think it was the sweetest shoot gun that I have ever fired. I've tried to buy it back from our friend, but she loves it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have tried several other pistols, but y PK380 remains my preferred carry pistol. It ticks most of the boxes that interest me: DA/SA, Hammer fired, Paddle Magazine release (I prefer this due to arthritis in my thumb), and no "safe trigger" (putting a safety on the face of the trigger).

Yes, I would like a real decocking lever, a slide release, a takedown lever, and, of course, a double-stack magazine. However, perfect doesn't exist. With all of that, it comes the closest to what I want.

The HK P30 is close, but having one, I find it a bit too heavy for a carry pistol.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Just wanted to share some pics of how I carry my PK380 now that I'm in a wheelchair.
Using a holster has become a problem since I've been in a wheelchair, so I tried the clipdraw and I love it. Now I can carry in ways that are easier. I also added an aftermarket green laser/flashlight combo that doest come on all the time and doesnt add to much bulk. I also added grip tape. For now I'm very satisfied with the feel and handling. I used my .380 laser bore sighter to sight the laser and it was off by less than 1/2 inch at 20 yards. Please feel free to ask what you like.
Nightdragon,
Did you attach the ClipDraw to the frame or to the slide?
And, has the adhesive been durable?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I attached it to the slide, its held with out any problems or peeling. Even over the slide grip serrations it's not bonded but still holds nice and firm. I've added a few pics so you can see just how it's on the slide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts