Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walther fixed my PK380 because it failed to eject spent cartridges. Turns out, it was the Galloway recoil spring that I purchased for it that caused it to fail. Mary Bryant at Walther did a great job getting my PK380 repaired so quickly and the Walther gunsmith was quick and competent. The service I received has made me a loyal customer and I will recommend Walther to those I know.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
I'm not picking on you azasadny but I'm going to make a point.

A lot of the complaints we get about guns not working on this forum can be traced to some aftermarket doodad or another.

If your gun suddenly stops working, a good general rule is to back out of the last change you made prior to it not working.

Anyway, I'm glad your gun is now back up and running. Owning a gun that doesn't work and you can't trust is extremely frustrating.

Take care and best of luck with the gun moving forward.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jimmo952,
You are 100% correct and I would normally do exactly what you described when troubleshooting but in this case I forgot to put the stock recoil spring/rod assembly in the gun when testing the FTE issue. I really like the idea of the captive spring as opposed to the stock spring and how difficult it is to reinstall it after field stripping to clean. The gun is operating correctly now and I plan to keep the stock spring/rd assembly. I was hoping that any others having the same issue could benefit from my experience. I was also extremely impressed with Mary Bryant at Walther and the gunsmith there who replaced the extractor and tested the pistol.

Reactions: Jimmo952
1 - 3 of 3 Posts