Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I was removing my optic plate on my PDP and the screw broke in the hole. I have the optic plate off and there is no way to grab it. I have bits to remove broken screws; started the process, but decided a professional is best in this situation... Any recommendations for a gunsmith/machine shop I can send my slide to for screw body removal from hole? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I second oldfart on this one. If it was a factory screw that failed, send it back to them. Those tiny screws can be a real pain to extract. Especially if they are softer stainless types in the carbon steel slide. Yuck, I am getting the heeby jeebies just thinking about it.

Their manufacturers defect, their problem.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Send it to Walther. If you call or email them about it they might even send you a shipping label.

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
Got a photo? Do these go all the way through the slide? Easy-outs are the worst....I rarely have any luck with them. The threads also have some threadlocker type material on them don't they. The best luck I've had is with carefully grinding a slot across the center of the shank....top or bottom so that a flat blade screwdriver can be used....but these are tiny and if recessed into the body of the slide that method would be impossible. Call Ft. Smith, they will take care of you. 1917

1 - 5 of 5 Posts