Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I sent my Walther out a few days ago. THe ejector pin had snapped off and I have no idea when it happened. It also occasionally wasnt extracting the shell. Lets say out of a box of 100 rounds 1-2 would do this. I thought it was the extractor, and I firmly believe that has part of the issue since the caseing wasnt being pulled out of the chamber.

Also the plastic recoil spring looked a little bit broke/ warn the hell out. IT wasnt traping the spring like normal but still functioned just fine.

20,000+ before any issues.

The damn thing still works, well did when I sent it off.

Should I cry because it broke? Should I be happy that it still worked better then 85% of the guns on the market even though it was broken. So many mixed feelings.

·
Registered
14 Posts
20,000 rounds? Hmmmmm, lets compare. Another fellow here at work bought a taurus pt111 in 9mm. It didn't extract 3 out of 10 rounds new out of the box. He sent it in and its going to take at least 6 weeks to fix it. My Glock went Kaboom in my hand last Feb. I sent it in in March. I was contacted yesterday that they would fix it but they were unsure of the cost.

I will do everything in my power to be Walthers uncompensated salesman. I've already turned 3 people on to purchasing Walther p99's since March which to me 3 more than they would of had otherwise. I'd wear a Walther USA shirt at the gym long before I wear a Nike shirt.

Carlos

·
Registered
47 Posts
Out of curiosity,
Was that a .40 glock?
Factory loads?

I ask because I've heard stories but never talked to anyone that had it happen.
I thought glock had taken care of all that stuff.
I have a G19, but rarely shoot it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I found out what really made my firearm jam. My best friend had bought me aftermarket magazine. It didnt break the ejector rod but I think it was what caused the jam. I used one of the mags yesterday and it jamed, however all the other magazines (walther made) worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
130 Posts
InfernoMDM,

Glad to hear that your problem was easily resolved by WaltherAmerica and by a magazine swap. After years of experience, I only use factory mags and depend on the only after plenty of testing.

Autospike,

Your G-19 is safe to shoot. Any Glock 9mm is good to go. I love mine, just not as much as my P99.

I had an issued G-22 "grenade" in my hand with factory ammo. I have seen 2 more .40 caliber Glocks do the same thing on ranges that I ran. I don't like .40 caliber Glocks and wish I could dump mine for something else. If you want, PM me and I'll share my experiences.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are you guys talking about that Glock big bore KB problem, where they dropped the 6Oclock chamber support to make room for the larger round?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you mean the explosions of the Glock? If your asking about that it could be two major reasons. Usually its ammunition failure of some type. Its been reloaded to many times, or its a bad round etc. Also could be someone used break free to clean a mag and well you get the idea.

Information on out is what the site says, personal accounts told to me by experinced gun owners, and some logic. Take from it what you will.

The other issue which is the case with Glock is how the bullet seats in the weapon. Most chambered rounds expose less of the caseing and thus are inhariently less likely to blow out like that one did. Glock weapons, as shown on the aformentioned site, have a wider gap. This doesnt mean Glocks are bad or will just blow up. It means that a weak shell will have more potential to blow up in a Glock then say a Walther, Sig, or HK. However I have seen photos of even HK's blown up, but a frame replacement was all that was needed on that 45.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts