Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
morning guys,gals, i went to my local pawnshop and took some pictures of the walther p99 40cal that i have on layaway.
i also traded the rusted magazine for a new mag, took the rusted magazine home to clean off the rust and to paint it.
my serial# is fab93xx od green, with a N on the barrel.
there is no AH or anyother markings on frame.
since i was at the pawnshop i ask if i could take the slide off, because the magazine was rusted i didn't want the inside of the frame to be rusted.
happy to report that there is no rust inside of the pistol. happy camper..
i am not go at taking pictures, so no name calling..:)

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hi, can anybody tell me the built dat of my pistol. thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i for got some info, it is the p99qa 40cal pistol

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I know it says made in Germany on the frame but are there any Importer marks on the dust cover/slide? Green Gen 1 frame P99 in 40SW may be one of the 2001 weapons produced jointly by S&W and Walther for a US Police contract.

All the P99s had a closed accessory rail and the small bump under the trigger THRU 2003. Then, in 2004, they changed the frame. It had an open rail under the barrel, but still had the short magazine release. They also reshaped the trigger guard. Then, in 2005, the changed the frame again. It now has a longer magazine release lever, and the trigger guard was just slightly reshaped again. All P99s made since 2005 have this newest variation to the frame.

Looking at your photo it looks to be that odd combination from 2004. The P99QA variant has a Glock style trigger system with a semi-cocked internal striker. When the trigger is pulled, the striker is fully cocked and released, firing the pistol. The trigger travel is approximately 8 mm (0.3 in) with a trigger pull of approximately 8.5lbs. The trigger pull is consistent in length and force from the first shot to the last. The P99QA was announced in 2000 and discontinued in 2011.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your reply. now i know more about the pistol.
will have to clean the barrel when i get it out of layaway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi everybody, i went to the pawnshop and took a picture
of the walther p99qa 40cal pistol.
on the bottom of the rail is a german mark with AG on it.
so my p99 was built in 2006

Attachments

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
hi everybody, i went to the pawnshop and took a picture
of the walther p99qa 40cal pistol.
on the bottom of the rail is a german mark with AG on it.
so my p99 was built in 2006

Your photo shows AE, is that incorrect? The short mag releases would tend to support your pistol predates 2006 and the AE (2004) date would be more consistent with those short paddles.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts