Walther Forums banner

My P5 with 7,65 barrel

3K views 26 replies 4 participants last post by  DeutschlandUberAlles 
#1 ·
And this is my other Walther, with conversion barrel.
I hope you like it.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Posted pics on our other "parallel universe" P5s. Here's pics of my no import mark Cat 1062 two barrel (7.65mm Para & 9mm Para), unfired outside the Ulm factory........

Attachments

#11 ·
To me the great attraction of a P5 (or any other high quality auto) in 7.65 Para is for informal shooting. It's much more pleasant to shoot than 9mm.

Ammunition is the only problem. American makers discontinued it long ago. Fiocchi is too lightly loaded to cycle some guns; Privi works better, but don't expect to find either one at your local gunshop. Buy it by the case when it's available.

M

#12 ·
Been having computer/internet issues at home, so I'm not able to post any pictures yet, but I did pick up the P5 with 2 barrels last Friday and got to shoot it a little (in 9mm) on Saturday. What a sweet, soft shooting pistol! I rather enjoyed shooting it, maybe even a little more than the P88. (I also took a PPQ SF and shot it too. That one is awesome also!).

Anyway, I noticed that the box has a label with "9mm" on it and then 7.65 was written in pen on the sticker. On the barrels, the 7.65 barrel was serial numbered, but the 9mm is not. I've seen this with other peoples P5's too. So my question is, was this P5 shipped from the factory with both barrels? Or did it start out as a 7.65 and someone added the 9mm barrel?

Thanks!

#13 ·
#17 ·
Yup, I didn't see any import marks.

The only disappointing thing about this is there's no test target.

I personally just reduce my offer price by ~$100 for EACH Walther factory item missing (box/mag/test target).

This offer reduction jumps up to ~$250 per HK factory item with HK P7s.

#18 ·
I will have to remember that. In this case, it looks like I got the P5 that was talked about in another post. I thought it to be a good deal, so I just called and had them send it to my local Cabela's. The rest is history.

On another note, I found a box of 7.65 Parabellum at another LGS. So this weekend, I'm going to try it out!

#19 ·
I will have to remember that. In this case, it looks like I got the P5 that was talked about in another post. I thought it to be a good deal, so I just called and had them send it to my local Cabela's. The rest is history.

On another note, I found a box of 7.65 Parabellum at another LGS. So this weekend, I'm going to try it out!

Cabala's Gun Library staff gave me a bit of a runaround on that specific Cat 1062 P5. Was considering a 2nd one for the safe (I have 2 sons that will eventually inherit my collection).

Congrats on the purchase, glad it went to a forum member.

I actually grabbed a 2nd 30 Luger barrel for my shooter 9mm P5, came across it on Gun Broker. I shoot that and keep my Cat 1062 package unfired outside Ulm.

If you see Winchester Super X 30 Luger, grab it. This stuff is out of production and cycles all sorts of 7.65 Para handguns, even "toggle action" Lugers.

#20 ·
I'll keep an eye out for the Winchester stuff. I'm going to go check a couple of other stores in the next couple of days. Ones that usually have the "odd ball" stuff. I knew this particular store would likely have some. They had one box of Fiocchi 93gr.

#25 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.