Walther Forums banner

My P5 Compact

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  malteser2710 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
Here are some pics of my P5 Compact. It has seen a fair share of use, but it is extremely dependable, and I am able to shoot it really accurately. It has one of the smoothest triggers I shot, worthy of a target pistol. Stamped KC, I suppose this should be dated early 90s. Serial # 153xxx. I am trying to source some parts to keep in stock, but not easy sourcing them. Even finding an extra mag is an achievement. I might consider converting a P38 one. Comments, observations welcome!

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Welcome aboard, and who exactly controls Malta these day?
I always ask of our overseas friends; how difficult is gun ownership on your islands?
Nice catch; a P5c is on my bucket list.
Moon

#8 ·
Hi everyone,
Here are some pics of my P5 Compact... It has one of the smoothest triggers I shot, worthy of a target pistol... Comments, observations welcome!
Malteser, welcome and let me begin by thanking you for sharing your wonderful P5 Compact with the forum! You are a very, very fortunate person because you hold in your possession what many consider to be the finest handgun the Walther company/saga ever made, in any era of its existence. It is the ultimate achievement I hope to make one day to fully complete my collection but sadly, they are exceedingly rare and most assuredly, nobody is making them anymore and nobody ever will again.

P5 magazines are nearly as rare as the masterpieces into which they are meant to function. P.38 magazines can be made to function almost perfectly in the P5 series with accurately performed machining operations:

-Pilotsteve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.