Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, fast turnaround! Sent it on 1/14, rcvd back 1/22.
I used FedEx this time, but one of these days I'll take a field trip over to S&W just to see the place.

What they did:
1) replaced the Safety (nice and tight now; was kicking on sometimes)
2) replaced firing pin spring, was weak (lite strikes)
3) shaved the top of the hammer, nice clean job (for  the FTF)
4) checked the -A mags
5) checked feeding of HV ammo

Now, I just have to get out and shoot it!
It was 1 degree this morning, so no outdoor range for sure.
It can be like an ice box at our indoor range, even with the heat, so I'll probably wait till next week when it warms to 25F.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey, that's great news. I bought a P22 about a month ago. Must be a newer version because it's performed flawlessly. None of the reported problems at all. This, after roughtly 700 rnds. thru it. I got it for my wife but...I'm having second thoughts. Man, what fun to shoot!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You said it!
My wife wants to get down to the range, but I fear after she tries the P22, I won't get it back!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Trust me...you won't!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got to the indoor range yesterday.
P22 functioned fine with Thunderbolts & American Eagle HV.
Also introduced 2 coworkers to the P22/P99 pair.
The P22 was fine for one (she has small hands); not good for the other (he has big hands, so P99 with large strap works best).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For reference, here in MA, the P22 is typically
3.42", $239
5", $289

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought mine here in CT.....3.42" cash was $299.00. Credit Card was $312.00 out the door. Of course if you wanted the compensator, they had it for a WHOPPING $149.95. I can get it from a dealer on the web in MA. for $85.00. Can anyone say PRICE GOUGE?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I contacted Walther USA s customer service today. I spoke with a courteous and helpfull representative. He stated that any P22 shipped after Sept. 2002 should have the new magazines. As for the safety and other things he said they've done warranty work but that really hasn't been an issue-it's been rare. The magazines on the other hand were an issue.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi iceman,
From the large number of P22 owners who have experienced No problems, besides the magazines, I would say Walrep could be correct here.

There were known weak firing pin springs, mostly in earlier P22's, but mine had one, so watch for that.
Walrep did replace the spring under warranty, with all the other fixes. My Safety kicked on partially or all the way, only I'd say once every 20 to 30 rounds.

Here it is 15 degrees again. I need to get to the indoor range; maybe tomorrow

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have been keeping an eye on all the problems mentioned by you and others-so far so good. I was thinking of trying the subsonics-any feedback on them ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've run Remington subsonics through my P22, about 50 rounds. 1 dud in the bunch but all live rounds cycled weapon without jamming. Accuracy was only so-so, no significant reduction in noise so I don't see a real benefit unless I am missing something. CCI Stingers have been the most accuracte so far and will go through the side a washing machine pretty good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts