Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys,

here is the answer for your carrying needs. Honestly the name of the holster is fitting.

Below are some of the pics of my new Tucker Answer holster with my 2005 P99 AS with long mag release. Hope these pics are helpful to anyone wanting some idea of how the holster fits before bitting the bullet and purchasing your own.

Sorry for so many pics, but wanted to show as much as possible to all that are interested.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Nice pics.... looks like one fine holster....thanks for sharing

·
Registered
149 Posts
They are nice pics. How is the confort, and do they make one for the compact. Also, You can see that you are carrying it with one in the chamber.
LOL
Patrick

·
Registered
471 Posts
It looks like it just might be better than my string holster... Do you have a link for us Hoggs74?

Just what I need is a new holster... I have more holsters than guns... Versatility is good though, right?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hal8000 @ May 12 2006,2:26)]It looks like it just might be better than my string holster... Do you have a link for us Hoggs74?

Just what I need is a new holster... I have more holsters than guns... Versatility is good though, right?
Yeah here is the link to Tucker Gun Leather and the holster

http://store.yahoo.com/rlcompanyusa/index.html

http://store.yahoo.com/rlcompanyusa/answer.html

I came real close to ordering the Texas Heritage, but went with the Answer after some long thought. But I still tink the Texas Heritage would make a fine comfortable rig.

http://store.yahoo.com/rlcompanyusa/teheiwb.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wagemage @ May 11 2006,7:42)]They are nice pics. How is the confort, and do they make one for the compact. Also, You can see that you are carrying it with one in the chamber.
LOL
Patrick
I am not sure about the compact, but I recomend you call Rob, at tucker and ask him. He is very good to return your call if you get his voice mail. I am sure he can tell you if they make it for the compact. My initial thought is, you might be able to use the full size holster for the compact, but that is just a thought. Probably not.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wagemage @ May 11 2006,7:42)]Also, You can see that you are carrying it with one in the chamber.
LOL
Patrick
LOL!!!!!!!!

Without one in the chamber, I might as well leave the gun at the house (therfore no need for a holster). Unless I can get the bad guy to wait a second to let me chamber a round.

Oh yeah, The comfort is pretty good. I have read other peoples comments on this holster, and it seems that the comfort gets even better with time, as leather has a tendency to soften with time and wear. But for the record, this is my 1st IWB holster, so I can't actually compare comfort to any other styles, but every review I read for this holster says that it is by far the most comfortable and useful holster.

·
Registered
70 Posts
How do you like it now? What's the turnaround time? In your opinion is it seriously worth the money? I don't make a lot and I'm interested in one, but if I'm gonna pay 100+ for a holster, I want to make sure its gonna fit my needs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I still love it. The holster is awsome. It fits the gun well, it wears well, and it fits better the more I wear it. The leather kinda molds to your hip over time as you wear it, becoming more comfortable.

As for turn around, mine took about 4-5 weeks form order to delivery, which I think the Tucker website is advertising around 4 weeks backlog on IWB holsters.

Long story short. It is well worth the $100+. Just my opinion, but spend a few extra bucks and order the other style clips so you can get what works best for you. I first order my holster with all J-clips, and quickly ordered the standard and c-clips. The J-clips put all the weight of the holster and gun on your pants and not the belt. I didn't like that. I personally prefer the standard clips as they ride all the weight on the belt and not the pants. Rob actually recommends using a comination of standard and J-clip for alot of people.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Adding to Your post, Love my "The Answer".

---------

Review on Tucker GunLeather's "The Answer"

It all started with the purchase of my new Walther P99 .40.

As someone that is new to CHL I went on a search for a holster that I can wear all day at work, is "light and tight", and blends the comfort of leather and the stability of kydex.

Found a few brands, and after some research and product comparison It lead me to Rob Longenecker over at Tucker Leather.

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/index.html

The 1st thing I saw was his leather work and knew I was onto something. And once I saw "The Answer" I bought it. The price is a little hard to swallow, but you have to remember. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. My $25 Fobus Paddle holster, while is a great product and I use it weekly at the range, Is worth $25. The high price gets your 1st class quality. Shorty after I got a email from Rob confirming everything and letting me know that it will work with my newer model P99.

A few weeks went buy and I get it in the mail.

Standard clips in rear and J clips in front.

After about 5 minutes, You dont even know it is there.

Draw angle can be adjusted to your "sweet spot"

Looks like a sheep to me....

After about a hour of adjusting the cant and location, I got my sweet spot and it was all over. Added a little LocTight to the screws and was done with it.

All and all "The Answer" is worth every penny, And Rob puts out an amazing product while still maintaining great customer service.

So if you are in the market for a good holster, send Rob a email.

·
Registered
27 Posts
does the gun fall out if the holster is not against your body? does it retain it w/o the pressure on the back of the leather pressing the gun in to the kydex? what happens if you pick up the holster from the bottom and hang it upside down, does the gun slip out? (not that you do this all the time or anything, just checking on retention.)

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I think I can answer the question, though I don't have this holster...........the P99 is held in place with the Kydex molded around the trigger guard and will not fall out if upside down....

·
Registered
525 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ June 21 2006,6:36)]I think I can answer the question, though I don't have this holster...........the P99 is held in place with the Kydex molded around the trigger guard and will not fall out if upside down....
It has really no retention if its not being worn. Maybe enough to keep the holster on the gun if you hold the gun but thats about it.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I stand corrected....
looking at how the Kydex is molded around the trigger guard, I for sure thought the P99 is held in place no matter what

·
Registered
9 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ar-for-me @ June 21 2006,6:16)]does the gun fall out if the holster is not against your body?  does it retain it w/o the pressure on the back of the leather pressing the gun in to the kydex?  what happens if you pick up the holster from the bottom and hang it upside down, does the gun slip out? (not that you do this all the time or anything, just checking on retention.)
There is no retention when you have the holster in your hand and not on the hip.  The design is to have tension when you are wearing it.  I've only received one back for retention issue since we started selling them several years ago.
Let me know if you want to know more.
Rob

·
Registered
539 Posts
Spud, thanks for posting all those great pics. I was wondering, can you drive a car with the gun on your back like that? I imagine not. If so, do you shift the gun to your side after getting in?

·
Registered
27 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rob Longenecker @ June 26 2006,2:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ar-for-me @ June 21 2006,6:16)]does the gun fall out if the holster is not against your body?  does it retain it w/o the pressure on the back of the leather pressing the gun in to the kydex?  what happens if you pick up the holster from the bottom and hang it upside down, does the gun slip out? (not that you do this all the time or anything, just checking on retention.)
There is no retention when you have the holster in your hand and not on the hip.  The design is to have tension when you are wearing it.  I've only received one back for retention issue since we started selling them several years ago.
Let me know if you want to know more.
Rob
went searching for "the answer" and i just came across this in regards to retention. Rob, do you think you would ever give this as an option for the holster?

the answer reloaded

1 - 20 of 20 Posts