Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had planned to buy a TRL1 from TopGun for my SW99, but I came across a NEW M5 tac light for $60 (a closeout), and I couldn't pass it up. (sorry Top Gun)

My normal night stand gun is a Glock 34 w/ a Glock light. But, I rarely shoot it. All I ever shoot are my P99s and SW99. So, I am so used to the guns. WHen I took my Glock 34 out last weekend for the first time in months, it took me a while to get back into the trigger. The very first shot went off when I wasn't expecting it, because I'm so used to the exact breaking point on my Walther.

Anyway - I decided that I would want to use my P99 or SW99 as my nightstand gun from now on, and I needed to find a Tac Light for it - I was very lucky to come across it for $60 new!

It fits both my SW99 and P99 - but, as I shoot the P99 2x as much, I plan to use the SW99 as the night stand gun. That way I need not take the light on and off all the time.

Here are some pics:

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Nice....that sure was a steal....
I got one too... payed a bit more than you though

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I like it. Like I said - I'd prefer to use the Walther as the night stand gun. But I generally go shoot that gun everytime I go to the range. I don't wanna scratch up the frame by taking it on and off all the time. Besides, the SW99 is about the same gun anyway

Its a little brighter than my Glocklight - but then again, I've had the Glocklight a year now, and it still is on the original batteries.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Don't those lights use those Lithium batteries like the Sure Fire? Lithium batteries have a tremendous shelf life! I like em!

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, they do. But I've flipped the Glock light on and off several times over the past year. That's what I meant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts